portable propane grill

mesa

Looking for input on good portable tabletop grills that have some decent BTUs and if at all possible removable grease trap for easy cleaning, have seen some out there but not a whole lot of reviews. Have the basic Coleman with 1 burner but it takes forever to grill anything.    

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

In my observations of many years of full time rv'ing, the Weber Baby Q is far and away the most popular gas grill among rv'ers.

I've owned many gas grills in my life, the Baby Q out cooks them all.  Home Depot carries them now.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I carry a nice Stainless Steel Grill made by Olympian.  It is model 5500 Professional Series.  It has its own stainless steel legs for setting it on a table, it also has a removable grease tray, very easy to clean up.  I have had no problem having enough heat to cook anything.  It has a cast Iron plate under the cooking grill to spread out the heat evenly.  I have a hose with quick disconnect to hook it up to the Motorhome Gas system, one can also hook it up to a Propane Tank with a pressure regulator.

Southwind 35P

ARS KB0OU

EX Submarine driver

On 7/4/2017 at 10:14 AM, mesa said:

Thanks all I ended up going with the Nexgrill, Had good reviews and good price.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill-2-Burner-Portable-Propane-Gas-Table-Top-Grill-in-Stainless-Steel-820-0033/206023898

It worked great for 2-3 years.  The top grate started falling apart and I couldn't find a replacement at the time.  No Home Depot where we were.....

Ended up buy a Weber Q.  It works well, but I miss having the 2 burners.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

On 7/4/2017 at 11:14 AM, mesa said:

Thanks all I ended up going with the Nexgrill, Had good reviews and good price.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill-2-Burner-Portable-Propane-Gas-Table-Top-Grill-in-Stainless-Steel-820-0033/206023898

I also have that one. 2 years so far, so good. Had terrible luck with Colemans. They just rotted out too soon.

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL (Traded)

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

We have a great little grill which I love after dragging around a big "Road Trip" for a lot of years.  Rock picked up a little Blackstone "Dash" on a groupon deal.  Goes up and down in seconds once you figure it out.  I wash the non-stick grill with just hot water and and maybe a little dish soap.  Cleans up in just a minute in the kitchen sink.  It has a drip cup that attaches to the front when cooking, and nothing falls through to the interior grill box.  A few swipes with a hot soapy rag cleans the lid inside and out.

Had my doubts at first, but it's awesome and very light weight.  Used it to cook everything from pork tenderloin, to fish, kabobs, brauts and breakfast on the griddle.

Folds up in a snap and rolls like a little carry-on suitcase.  Can't say enough good things about it.  Just use the silicon tongs and spatulas you can pick up for a few bucks at Walmart. 

So much easier than that old grill.  I use it all the time.

Blackstone Dash

• 2 months later...

Just a follow-up note on the Blackstone Dash.  I have had a little trouble connecting the propane to the regulator since I used an old (ahem, rusty) left-over bottle.  I called Blackstone Customer Service today to inquire about the price of a new regulator.  Whitney asked me exactly what the problem was.  I did tell her it may have been the old bottle I used, but I can only get two turns and then have to hand it off to HERO Maker to connect the fuel for me.

She wouldn't tell me how much it was, but asked where she could send me a new one?  FOR FREE, SHIPPED FREE.  I'll have it in a few days.

So in addition to a fabulous product, Blackstone has amazing customer service.  We've had it at least since January and maybe even a year.  She never asked for any information except what was happening and where to send the replacement.  AWESOME.

Blackstone Dash

Archived