mesa

portable propane grill

13 posts in this topic

Looking for input on good portable tabletop grills that have some decent BTUs and if at all possible removable grease trap for easy cleaning, have seen some out there but not a whole lot of reviews. Have the basic Coleman with 1 burner but it takes forever to grill anything.    

We have a Weber and love it. It does have a drip pan. I see a lot of Webers out there. I would buy a stand for it since most tables are now plastic and can't be barbecued on.

What model ? I have a camp chef table so thats no problem. Thanks

Number 100-120? I see a lot of 200's. It is a Q. I don't think HD and Lowes carries these, it is either CW or Amazon I believe.

In my observations of many years of full time rv'ing, the Weber Baby Q is far and away the most popular gas grill among rv'ers.

I've owned many gas grills in my life, the Baby Q out cooks them all.  Home Depot carries them now.

I carry a nice Stainless Steel Grill made by Olympian.  It is model 5500 Professional Series.  It has its own stainless steel legs for setting it on a table, it also has a removable grease tray, very easy to clean up.  I have had no problem having enough heat to cook anything.  It has a cast Iron plate under the cooking grill to spread out the heat evenly.  I have a hose with quick disconnect to hook it up to the Motorhome Gas system, one can also hook it up to a Propane Tank with a pressure regulator.

On 7/4/2017 at 10:14 AM, mesa said:

Thanks all I ended up going with the Nexgrill, Had good reviews and good price.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill-2-Burner-Portable-Propane-Gas-Table-Top-Grill-in-Stainless-Steel-820-0033/206023898

It worked great for 2-3 years.  The top grate started falling apart and I couldn't find a replacement at the time.  No Home Depot where we were.....

Ended up buy a Weber Q.  It works well, but I miss having the 2 burners.

Here's a helpful review on portable grills; outdoorgearlab.com/t/camping-kitchen/portable-grill      The Weber Q1200 is their top pick

We have a great little grill which I love after dragging around a big "Road Trip" for a lot of years.  Rock picked up a little Blackstone "Dash" on a groupon deal.  Goes up and down in seconds once you figure it out.  I wash the non-stick grill with just hot water and and maybe a little dish soap.  Cleans up in just a minute in the kitchen sink.  It has a drip cup that attaches to the front when cooking, and nothing falls through to the interior grill box.  A few swipes with a hot soapy rag cleans the lid inside and out.

Had my doubts at first, but it's awesome and very light weight.  Used it to cook everything from pork tenderloin, to fish, kabobs, brauts and breakfast on the griddle.

Folds up in a snap and rolls like a little carry-on suitcase.  Can't say enough good things about it.  Just use the silicon tongs and spatulas you can pick up for a few bucks at Walmart. 

So much easier than that old grill.  I use it all the time.

Blackstone Dash