side door bumper

Ray1955

I have an Alpha Sun and the living room and door is in the rear.  The rubber bumper is now old enough that it leaves a black residue on your hands if you grab it.

Is there a replacement other than buying the one from California?.......Something that might be at Camping World that is used on another more common RV?

Just wondering thanks.

Ray

We had a 2004 Alfa Sun.  Really liked it.  It had been left in Bullhead City for a couple of summers and one side was baked.  It took a while to find a product to remove the decals and restore the fiberglass.  But once I got it done, wow, what a difference.  We kept it for 2 years and sold it for more than we paid for it.  We miss it.  

Alfa was build 30 minutes from us.  Not too many parts around for them from anywhere else other than what used to be Alfateers. I found the P seals from a manufacturer direct.  Not too expensive but a real job to replace for 3 slides.

Marcel

I used a product that advertises in alot of RV magazines.  It is called Poliglow (sp??).  I found it to smell much like Johnsons floor wax, but I bet it has some UV protectors in it.  It is liquid like water and is applied with a chamois wrapped around a wooden applicator with a bit a padding.  Once I figured out how to apply it so that I didnt get any runs or sags, it made a big difference.  The coats must be built up, so I think I did 6-10 coats, which takes little time to apply.  I did it under cover, as it flashes FAST.  But the results were worth it.  They have a kit too with a cleaner to use before the finish coat.

Next time I will try the Johnsons on an area that is out of the main areas and see how it performs.

Marcel

Archived