Independence DAY

Pieere

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

Is Independence Day a good day to think about interdependence? It seems like nowadays no country is truly independent. Were we ever?

Linda Sand

No more than any one of us is / has been singularly wholly independent from other humans and or animals .

Happy Fourth ... Don't get blown up . ;) Be Careful .

Edited by Pat & Pete

Goes around , comes around .

" I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Robert A. Heinlein

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

5 hours ago, RV_ said:

" I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Robert A. Heinlein

Not everyone is that^ brave and so , they are prisoners of their own chains . 

Goes around , comes around .

17 hours ago, RV_ said:

Robert A. Heinlein

One of my most favorite authors, Derek.   it's been years... but I think I read everything he ever wrote... and my kids grew up on "Have Spacesuit, will Travel". "Starship Troopers" led me into the Marines.

I think the country could use some clear thinkers like Mr. Heinlein again.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in the insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding.”

~ Justice Louis Brandeis.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I hear ya Jim, we sure could. But we have his books, and his quotes, and our own honor that was burnished by his thoughts and others until we emerged as a recognizable entity in our own mind, and earned our self respect.

Huah Jim.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 1 year later...