Lowes Includes Vet Info on myLowes card

DJW

So about 10 days 2 weeks ago I was in Lowes buying something and flipped out the Mil Retired ID Card at the checkout.  The clerk who has been there for awhile told me Lowes was changing how they accept the Vet ID info.  They are now putting it on your myLowes card.  I already have a myLowes card so Richard said go to the customer services desk and they will add the info to the card.  He did say they were having problems with folks trying to do it online.  Went to the Customer service desk and showed my Mil Retired Card and they just added it to my myLowes card info.  For those who do not have a myLowes card it is not a credit card but just an info card.  When you buy something they scan your myLowes card and it becomes a record of it, when you bought it, what you paid etc.  So if you decide to return it you do not need to have the receipt.  I have been in Lowes twice since adding the info to the myLowes card and has worked great both times.  Saturday I bought 52 16 foot Trek Enhanced Saddle Composite deck boards and BAM there was my $187.40 discount.  They were normally $40 each but they had them on sale thru 7/5 for $36 and then I got another  $3.60 off each so I have $32.40 in each one plus tax.  My point is get the Vet info on the myLowes card and be done with it.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

14 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

But so far it still doesn't show up. So the next Lowes I'm in we will try again.

It takes a little bit of time to get through the process, but it works great once it does. And with the new system, you can order online for store pickup and you still get the 10%, where that wasn't true in the past. 

There is also an additional benefit in that the company wide discount was only available to veterans who didn't have either a retired ID or a VA benefit ID for the week of Veteran's Day. This change makes the 10% available to all honorably discharged veterans all of the time. It takes a little effort on our part, but the benefit is well worth your time. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I guess I was fortunate that the online process worked flawlessly for me a couple of months ago. I received a notice within hours that my service had been verified and added to my account, and about a week a new MyLowes card arrived in the mail. You can also get the discount just by giving them the phone number associated with your account.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

It worked fine for me too after the Lowes people kept insisting they needed a DD214 and were not accepting ID Cards according to the local cashier and the folks at HQ. I talked to the local store manager and he said it was either after I talked with HQ.

Lowes has serious internal communications/training problems not a problem of people at the top not supporting Vets. However the people at the top are not making sure problems brought to their attention are fixed the first time.

I am picky in that I expect the same answer two times in a row. AT&T just lost me today over repeated issues with their computer setting up, and their customer disservice reps. I was going to play with their Mobley device on and off but it isn't worth the hassle since I have faster unlimited Internet at home from my PITA cable provider. I am so glad two companies are building out inexpensive GB speed Internet via LEO satellite constellations. One has begun launching and Space X is also doing a larger constellation as well providing competition for the customer which means best pricing to us. IT will be a godsend to rural Americans and RVrs. We will be able to connect anywhere in the world with one account.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

7 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

Home Depot doesn't require all this hassle, just flash the retiree card for 10% discount.

Unless you don't have a retiree card.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

17 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Yes. Anyone with a DD214 can get the MyLowes veteran's discount. :)

If I remember correctly, all I did was give them my name and dates of service.  Not necessary to even show DD214.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

1 minute ago, chirakawa said:

If I remember correctly, all I did was give them my name and dates of service.  Not necessary to even show DD214.

That's all I had to do for the online sign-up...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived