Another reason not to go to California.

chiefneon

Howdy!

California effective July 1st with make it illegal for anyone to possess a firearms magazine with the capacity over 10 rounds. Good citizens of that state will have to turn in their illegal magazines or sell them outside the state.

As for me it's just another reason not to spent my time or money in California, along with the fact that they have exposed a travel ban on Texas and eight other states.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/second-amendment-2/millions-of-gun-owners-may-become-criminals-on-july-1?utm_source=FBLC&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=LC

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I am with you, Chief.   I love the California I used to know... 45 years ago... but they have gone wacky and I do not wish to get caught in some kind of 'strange laws' circumstance.   We winter in Yuma, and last year skipped our usual California excursion from there.   Looks like we will do so again this coming Winter.

Not to mention, my wife is from Texas... and the ban on travel there is just silly.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

WTH if I cant hit what im shooting at after 2 or 3 shots I quit pulling the trigger anyway ! Maybe castration or neutering would help eliminate stupidity ?

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

1 hour ago, Devilishjim said:

WTH if I cant hit what im shooting at after 2 or 3 shots I quit pulling the trigger anyway ! Maybe castration or neutering would help eliminate stupidity ?

That could mean that the majority of that state would be emasculated . It would cut the population problem , immediately , from those leaving out of fear , and in the future , from those proving the point . LOL 

Oh , and , it would open a lot more spots for Barbaraok and Mr. Camper . Heck , if were a success , I might even think about re - visiting . The land and water are beautiful there , but the people ...   

The 10 round thing actually seems pretty tame , compared to some of their other 'laws and regulations' .

Goes around , comes around .

I was going to comment on this thread but the way the ban happy admins have been, I would have been popped for being too political so I will refrain and just say that my daughter who lives in San Jose will need to come home for a visit.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

49 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

The 10 round thing actually seems pretty tame , compared to some of their other 'laws and regulations' .

True if I heard lead go whistling past my ear I wouldnt want to think about the other 9 being on the way !

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

But how does the state know how many rounds my magazines can hold?  Considering Las Vegas has one of the largest gun shows around, how many people returning to CA stopped at the Agri Inspection stations to declare the now illegal magazines?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

52 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

But how does the state know how many rounds my magazines can hold?  Considering Las Vegas has one of the largest gun shows around, how many people returning to CA stopped at the Agri Inspection stations to declare the now illegal magazines?

Actually, that means of inspection has been discussed.  I'm more than happy to give up any spots we might otherwise use.  Besides, I mostly grew up in CA in the 70's and early 80's and there are LOT's of other places to see and spend our hard earned money... that do not tread on my 2AR's.

6 hours ago, chiefneon said:

the fact that they have exposed a travel ban on Texas and eight other states.

That isn't exactly true. What they banned was state-funded travel to those states and it has no impact upon those who wish to travel to CA.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk Wood said:

That isn't exactly true. What they banned was state-funded travel to those states and it has no impact upon those who wish to travel to CA.

I think they would , if they could .

Seems to me that government level travel ban is tantamount to an 'F' you to those states . Makes me wonder what else is in the works .

Goes around , comes around .

It is a way of saying "We  don't use the tax dollars of our diverse citizens to support states that do discriminate."  Pretty simple, bland statement.  Sort of like the NCAA saying that states that deiscriminate against LBGTQ individuals won't be able to hold the Final Four.  

And no, the state doesn't ban people from coming and spending money.   They welcome tourist, just ask that you abide by their laws - as does every single state in the country.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

It is clearly up to every individual to choose what states, cities, or political entities we choose to visit or to avoid visiting, but it does seem to me that doing so based upon those I agree or disagree with would cause me to miss out on seeing a lot of wonderful things in our country. I do consider such things when choosing a home-base location but for me, I'll choose to see as much as I am able in all 50 states, not because I agree with their political views but because I am a proud American and want to experience all of our country that I have time and means to reach.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

12 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

It is a way of saying "We  don't use the tax dollars of our diverse citizens to support states that do discriminate."  Pretty simple, bland statement.  Sort of like the NCAA saying that states that deiscriminate against LBGTQ individuals won't be able to hold the Final Four.  

And no, the state doesn't ban people from coming and spending money.   They welcome tourist, just ask that you abide by their laws - as does every single state in the country.

Would you please locate a 10rd magazine for my Beretta, my Springfield or my Steyr. They can not ban the weapon so they try an end run and ban the magazine?

And Texas does not discriminate against LBGTQ individuals, they simply prefer that the men stay out of the women's restroom and vice versa. I suppose that doesn't bother you?

You say California only asks that you obey their laws and then you mock people that say they will avoid California for their gun laws. It also seems you have an issue with Texas having laws that require people to pee in the proper restroom rather than whichever one they decide to use. Isn't that a bit hypocritical? I have no issue with using the urinal in front of anyone that is in the room but I would prefer my granddaughters not have men in their restroom.

You can have my spot in California too. Can we assume you will be vacating a space for us in Texas? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Being a Texas "resident" on this forum is real different than being a "Texan". B)

2014 smart Fortwo

I'm glad that I have California out of my system. Lived there for 7 years while in the Navy.

One other thing, A lot of "new" Texans are California re-plants. They will do the same thing to Texas that was done to California. Texas is on the decline now.

The only problem that I see about the magazine law is when I do visit there, which will only be after National Carry passes soon, is that I will need to find 8 round mags. That's the only impact I see.

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL (Traded)

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Being a Texas "resident" on this forum is real different than being a "Texan". B)

My daughter was born in Texas.  She learned to talk with a Texan drawl - luckily 5 years in Ohio and 13 yrs in Michigan helped to soften that drawl.  But she still has a slight one, which is ok since she has been teaching in Texas for the past 15 years.   We retired from UT, we lived in Texas for a number of years, twice, during our working years.    There are a lot of progressives who live in Texas, especially in the Dallas, Houston, Austin areas and at some point the state will turn.  BTW - having California transplants is a good thing for the economy of any state. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

7 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

BTW - having California transplants is a good thing for the economy of any state. 

LOL it sure hasn't helped the California economy considering their fiscal conditional was ranked 44th in the nation last year.  Compared to Texas being ranked 16th for the same period. I don't see how them coming here can help anything in Texas. 

2014 smart Fortwo

Forbes talks about unemployment and people's salaries, not about the States fiscal condition such as " short- and long-term debt and other key fiscal obligations, such as unfunded pen­sions and healthcare benefits". 

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

I'll take my State over the one you seem to like so much any day :)

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived