What class am I in? Or do I not have any, class that is.

Mystroh

We just sold our house here in the metro Denver area. We never technically listed it but some people heard we were going to list it. They offered over our projected listing price!! Closing in 4 weeks. Will be going full time as soon as our new 42' cedar ridge 5th wheel is built. My question is are we going to be in the class of 2021 or are we in the class of 2017?  We have been members for only a short time but have already met some great people especially at the boot camp in Tucson. Hopefully someone can tell us what class we will be in. Also do we need to enroll or fill out an application, have transcripts sent (gulp), pass a background check, etc. Thanks in advance!! 

we sold the house in jan of 08, so we became 08ers.  we met up with our original bunch in jan 09 in quartzsite, danced around the campfire and burned our mortgages.  the 09 people saw us having so much fun that they asked if they could join us.  we said ok, so we became the 08,09ers.  then we had more from other classes join so we became the classless class, because we didn't seem to have much class anyway.....  the main thing is pick a class and start interacting with them on the forum.  you will have fun and make some lifelong friends!!

ps you would be the class of "17"  just submit 5 copies of your application!!  oh yeah we don't have applications..........:rolleyes:   welcome to the adventure!!   Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Welcome to the world of RVers. You pretty much get to pick what class to join but the best experience come from joining the class of people going fulltime the same year you do as sharing those first experiences provides a bonding not easily available elsewhere. The primary method of joining a class is to participate in their discussion on this forum. Some classes have additional requirements but they usually are not hard to meet. I suggest you participate in the class of 2017 forum and see if that fits for you.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, Mystroh said:

Will be going full time as soon as our new 42' cedar ridge 5th wheel is built. My question is are we going to be in the class of 2021 or are we in the class of 2017?

Defining that is one of those things that just depend on who is answering. When we sold our house and hit the road the class idea had not been thought of. It originated out of a group of new full-timers who get together in Quartzsite and for several years the forums were used to promote that gathering. Over the years I think that it has gotten much looser on who is or isn't in any "class."  

I wonder if the lack of a "fulltimer class" would explain why I was recently told that I have no class? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks to Steved44, sandsys and Kirk for the background information. We will probably try and catch up with the classless class as they seem like a group of orphans that banded together. If we are not accepted in the classless class then we will fill out the 5 applications and see where we land. Thanks again for the tips and hope to see you all on the road.

Kirk, are you saying you're in a "class by yourself"??  :ph34r:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 0:53 PM, Mystroh said:

My question is are we going to be in the class of 2021 or are we in the class of 2017?  We have been members for only a short time but have already met some great people especially at the boot camp in Tucson. Hopefully someone can tell us what class we will be in. Also do we need to enroll or fill out an application, have transcripts sent (gulp), pass a background check, etc. Thanks in advance!! 

If you want to be class president and class valedictorian I would go for "21" You could vote yourself president now as there is no competition at present and if you as president institute a rule that the valedictorian will be determined by number of posts you have a 4 year head start.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

I would have been in class '85, but DW wasn't up for it.  A few years after she passed away I decided a 6 bedroom house, car AND pickup was crazy and life would be better downsized.  Then I remembered I had wanted to go full time RV long ago and now could.  So I joined the class of 14 and love it.  I originally planned to roam around the country, but got to deep south Texas and like it so much I haven't moved in two years.  But it's still nice to have wheels and know that by the end of the day, I could be in a different state.

F-250 SCREW 4X4 Gas, 5th NuWa Premier 35FKTG, Full Time, Engineer Ret.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a "class of" for those of us who have to leave the lifestyle?  I admire your gusto Legendsk - many after such a sad event as you had, just sort of roll over and quit.  Good for you!  In our 5 years on the road, we didn't do nearly as much traveling as "sitting", but we loved the ability to "change seasons" to suit our tastes.  As we leave for health reasons, we do sincerely wish each and every one of you SAFE travels and many happy days along the journey!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

4 hours ago, kingskids said:

Is there a "class of" for those of us who have to leave the lifestyle? 

The classes were designed so that people all starting out at the same time could share experiences. I see no reason we couldn't have a class of those of us anchored? Landed? Grounded? What would you call it?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

13 hours ago, kingskids said:

Is there a "class of" for those of us who have to leave the lifestyle? 

I don't know that anyone has even considered the formation of such a group, but I think that it might be a great idea as many of us who have left the fulltime lifestyle do not completely stop RV travels while others of us just remain interested in the RV community and have friends in it. A forum on the subject of transitioning back from the road could be a very good thing. In that interest, I'll start a poll in the general forum just to test the water and get a feel for the interest that might be out there. It would be the perfect place to discuss the sort of things which those going fulltime might want to keep in the back of their minds for the day that adventure must end. If there is enough interest, I suspect that we could get admin to open a new forum for such discussions. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived