Leaking Parking brake valve

Brad & Jacolyn

Well it appears that it is my turn to change this valve. I've looking on here and saw a picture that looks like my valve with the 6 air lines on the back. I tore enough of the dash apart to see it and it appears I have decent room to change it but I could not see any number on the part. I did not pull the knobs off because they are roll pins and I did not want to chance breaking them yet.

Does anyone happen to have the part number for this valve handy?

Thanks

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Message Carl or Charlie.  They should have the same year trucks as yours.  Amazon has a neat little push pin device.... I could have loaned you mine at the rally....

https://www.amazon.com/E-Z-Red-PPT13-Pin-Remover/dp/B00BI2M7H8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498409644&sr=8-1&keywords=roll+pin+removal+tool

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Brad,

I am away from the truck for a couple days. Have all my papers there. Also have my old one in the truck as a spare so it will have number if you don't get it before then.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

4 hours ago, MrSeas said:

Try ..........

Meritor Wabco old PN (Volvo) 20523171      New PN 85123221

https://www.amazon.com/Volvo-Truck-85123221-Brake-Valve/dp/B0028FYIJO

Meritor PN RKN 20619  http://www.advantagetruckparts.com/volvo-truck-parts/volvo-dash-valve-20560009/

Thanks for the numbers Scott. I don't understand why one is twice the price of the other.

Carl when you get a chance I would be interested in what your part number is.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

26 minutes ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:
26 minutes ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Thanks for the numbers Scott. I don't understand why one is twice the price of the other.

Brad

Old Volvo part number vrs new part number.

Best price is the Wabco part number...,,that's what I installed. Worked fine. My knobs have a spring pin..... just push it in with a small screwdriver and they release. 

4 minutes ago, MrSeas said:

Old Volvo part number vrs new part number.

Best price is the Wabco part number...,,that's what I installed. Worked fine. My knobs have a spring pin..... just push it in with a small screwdriver and they release. 

Same here mine had spring pins.  I got mine from Truck Pro and believe it was in $200 or so.  They also make an O -ring and spring repair kit which I used to repair my old one for a spare.  Kit was about $30.  Just disassemble carefully especially taking off back plate cause the pistons are spring loaded.  Where is your leak?  If it's one of the push in connectors on the back, may just need a new O-ring.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Leak is at the plunger (I think). I can wiggle it around and it gets better or worse.

Brad 

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

58 minutes ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Leak is at the plunger (I think). I can wiggle it around and it gets better or worse.

Brad 

May want to try the kit repair.  This is what the guts look like.  Will get you valve number today.LICeb70l.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Here you go Brad. PDknlurl.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Thank you Carl. How did you manage to install the valve with the numbers pointing when you could see them.

When you rebuilt the other one how many parts flew out?

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Brad,

Actually lost no parts that I know of, lol. I've learned from Randy to disassemble slowly  especially when taking off backing plates. The disassembled pic is my old one I rebuilt and keep in the truck as a spare. I bought the new one at Truck Pro (same part#)  then found the rebuild kit online so for $30 thought I'd give it a try. I haven't tested it however so rebuild may be a bust. 

"How did you manage to install the valve with the numbers pointing when (where?) you could see them."

Sorry, Brad, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  I'm slow today.  What numbers, quick connect ports or part number?

Repair kit

https://www.haldex.com/en/na/valves/accessories/repair-kits/hand-control-valve-/rn31bf/

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I've attempted two rebuilds on these - both unsuccessful on testing. I'm not saying you cannot rebuild - it just depends on what is wrong. But you might consider putting in a new one and keeping the other as a spare like Carl did. If you do the work yourself it is not too bad.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

One trick to disassembling this valve. Place the valve and 1 hand inside a zip lock bag. I use one gallon size bags. This is a trick I learned from an old gunsmith when it comes time to disassembling an unfamiliar weapon.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

26 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

One trick to disassembling this valve. Place the valve and 1 hand inside a zip lock bag. I use one gallon size bags. This is a trick I learned from an old gunsmith when it comes time to disassembling an unfamiliar weapon.

And before, during, and after disassembly pictures or diagrams.  Be surprised how many times you can forget if red connects to blue, or a piece is right side up.  At my age forgetting is coming much easier.?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived