onan fuel pump

I've have a problem with my onan generator cutting off after 20/30 minutes and I've narrowed it down to a fuel pump issue. I went to order a new one at Amazon and saw a Airtex brand for 1/2 the price. They say it's a direct replacement and is getting good reviews. Anybody here have any experience with Airtex filters?

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

I haven't compared them directly, but the Onan branded fuel pump may even be made by Airtex. On our previous coach the fuel pump on our Onan Marquis 7KW generator died, and I found a Carter part number under the Onan paint on the housing. With that number, I was able to find an exact replacement Carter pump an Amazon at about a third of the Onan price. The only differences in them were the paint color, the printing on the box, and the Carter came with mounting hardware that wasn't needed for a replacement application. And the lower cost of course...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

thanks for the comments, I ordered the Airtex from Amazon but it is out of stock for a couple of days. Should have it around July 5th.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

One warning based on experience with Onan or other small engines that use an electric fuel pump. BE CAREFUL AND NOT USE A PUMP WITH TOO HIGH PRESSURE as it may over ride the needle valve and seats ability to shut the fuel off once bowl level is reached !!!!!!!!!!! Ive seen that happen (was a used RV dealer) when Billy Bob or Bubba stuck on a pump they had laying around the shop more intended for high volume higher pressure race engines lol

John T

I took my old pump into a NAPA store and they had their own brand pump, for less than the Onan brand. I carry a spare fuel pump in my box of replacement engine filters, drive belt, and spare wipers.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived