Motorhome and trailer go off I-90 at Laurel, MT.

bobsallyh

2 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

3:35 am..... I'm guessing someone fell asleep.  Lucky that they survived.

I'm with you Jim. Not sure what a "tire analyst" would be needed for. No mention of tire failure in the article. Most RV crashes are not tire related.

EDIT: other articles say the 70 year old driver fell asleep. Better pictures there too

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I did find one story that the officer expressed suspicion that the driver fell asleep. Long hours of driving are not the wisest when young, but when past 70 they are really foolish. (Don't ask me how I know that...)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

12 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I did find one story that the officer expressed suspicion that the driver fell asleep. Long hours of driving are not the wisest when young, but when past 70 they are really foolish. (Don't ask me how I know that...)

So , you know when it's nap time . ;) 

Goes around , comes around .

I suspect they were taking turns sleeping and driving but that final turn lasted too long. It was a borrowed RV. I wonder how the owners are taking this. I'd guess caught between worry about the people and irritation at the wreck of their rig.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

In m y 20's I worked night shift..and loved it. I could also party all night and stay up all day the next day. 
In my 40's I switched to day shift. I'm in my 50's now and couldn't stay up all night if you paid me.

I don't care if they were "taking turns sleeping and driving". They were in a motor home! Pull over and sleep, duh. A body that isn't used to staying up all night can't do it well. He was in his 70's. I bet he hasn't been up all night in years. How big of a rush could they possibly have been in? Gee, guess what? The rush is over now, ain't it? You can't get there quick if you don't get there at all. 

People never cease to amaze me. But then again, it is the stupid people that keep me employed. I guess I should be thankful. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

9 hours ago, Big5er said:

In m y 20's I worked night shift..and loved it. I could also party all night and stay up all day the next day. 
In my 40's I switched to day shift. I'm in my 50's now and couldn't stay up all night if you paid me.

I don't care if they were "taking turns sleeping and driving". They were in a motor home! Pull over and sleep, duh. A body that isn't used to staying up all night can't do it well. He was in his 70's. I bet he hasn't been up all night in years. How big of a rush could they possibly have been in? Gee, guess what? The rush is over now, ain't it? You can't get there quick if you don't get there at all. 

People never cease to amaze me. But then again, it is the stupid people that keep me employed. I guess I should be thankful. 

Somehow , I don't think you'll ever have to worry about having to collect unemployment due to the lack of stupid ... 

Goes around , comes around .

There have been some serious crashes lately, or maybe I'm more aware of them.   And we wonder why Blue Sky is getting out of the MDT/HDT market and all of our premiums are skyrocketing.  Totaling a 3-400k coach is tough to pay....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived