mds1

Class of 2019

5 posts in this topic

Thought I would get a Class of 2019 thread up and running.  Come along and join.  It will be interesting to compare each other’s preparations and share in your successes leading to 2019.

Here is Karen’s and my story so far;

We stated planning in September of 2014 and found the Escapees forum shortly thereafter. We figured moving full time to an RV would be the best way to see the country. We never planned to retire in our current home which we will likely sell in the spring of 2019. My separation date from my current employer is no later than November 2019 or as early as July of that year. Karen has already “retired.”

We both enjoy the outdoors, having considerable time under our belts tent camping. Owned a popup camper then a 30’ travel trailer which we sold some time ago.  After much consideration, we have decided on a fifth wheel towed by a dually truck. Or plan is to purchase the rig well before we leave full time and burn up weeks of vacation getting used to it. 

After traveling around for a while, we plan on workamping or volunteering. So far, we have not set a domicile state but the Escapees location in Livingston Texas sure looks promising. We currently live on the north side of Kansas City Missouri.

Mark and Karen

17 hours ago, mds1 said:

We currently live on the north side of Kansas City Missouri.

You might want to consider attending the next Escapade which will be at the MO state fairgrounds in Sedalia the last week of May 2018.

Kirk, a friend also suggested attending the Escapade rally in Sedalia Missouri. How does that work should we not own the RV by then? I assume we would have to also decide to become members of Escapees which is most likely in our future anyway. We just don't have a reason to take advantage of the benefits of membership in full until we start to travel more frequently.

Actually, there are always some people who attend that do not own an RV and who stay in a motel or hotel nearby. And you do not have to be a member of Escapees, but do pay more to attend if you are not, and the vast majority of attendees are also Escapees. 

A very popular thing with new members and with those who are getting ready to buy an RV is to attend the Escapee Boot Camp that takes place just before the Escapade begins. It is a good way to learn before you buy and you could then stay over and participate in the rally as well.