Can I hear your Real Life Experience with RPI, Coast to Coast?

JuryDuty

We're going full-time in a month and I've been looking at ways to save at campgrounds as we travel. We've joined several clubs that are no-brainers--Escapees, Good Sam, Passport America. But I'm discovering that many of the PA parks, which have the biggest discounts, have HUGE exclusions.

Does anyone have experience with Resort Parks International and/or Coast to Coast? It seems these are the best deals out there if you don't want to spend thousands for a Thousand Trails membership. For about $300 or so I can join a Home Park, then stay at participating parks for $10-$15/night with RPI or C2C.

BUT are the RPI and C2C $10-$15/night deals subject to huge exclusions in real-life practice? Or am I setting myself up to getting a high-pressure sales pitch at any RPI or C2C park I want to say at? It seems to good to be true, but unlike PA and TT, I can't find much talk online about RPI or C2C, positive or negative.

Would love to hear from some full-timers about real-life experience with RPI and/or C2C, or other solutions I might be missing.

Family of 5 + dog
2017 Rockwood Windjammer 3006WK (aka "Steve")
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 dually (aka "The Big Gas Truck")

Usually you can't get into RPI/C2C/ROD/AOR parks on holidays as those are saved for members only.  Which is why we have a TT 2-Zone Pass for the West Coast.  Otherwise, we use them extensively and usually don't have a problem.  Right now we are in Beachwood RV Resort in Birch Bay, WA for two weeks at $0/night through ROD.   Then we will move to Thousand Trail Birch Bay for the 2 weeks ($0/night) around the 4th of July, then on to Cedars RV Park in Ferndale for a week under C2C for $15/night before heading down to Monroe, WA for another 11 days at a TT park for $0/night for 9 of the days then $3/night for the other two (we will have over 30 days in TT park, so at night 31 we start with $3/night.    We will do the same the last part of August and all of September - membership parks.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We received our Thousand Trails membership for the  thousand dollars transfer fee and a $600 annual fee plus $80 annually for a  RPI membership. We find that the RPI parks are generally nicer than the TT parks and and in better locations as well.  That's  our experience anyway, as always,  oRV

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

6 hours ago, Orvil Hazelton said:

We received our Thousand Trails membership for the  thousand dollars transfer fee and a $600 annual fee plus $80 annually for a  RPI membership. We find that the RPI parks are generally nicer than the TT parks and and in better locations as well.  That's  our experience anyway, as always,  oRV

No sales pitches, blackout times, etc when using RPI? Is it a pretty painless experience?

Family of 5 + dog

9 hours ago, JuryDuty said:

No sales pitches, blackout times, etc when using RPI? Is it a pretty painless experience?

Our experience is limited but once we bought a membership in a system with reciprocal agreements in the others there were no more sales pitches in any of them.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have an updated 2018 RPI list of parks, that are verified RPI participants?  I want o compare with the TT Trails Connection (TC) list, to see what the differences are.  Have a TT & TC, but am wondering if I need a RPI too, depending on plans and locations and parks.

33 minutes ago, offroad said:

Does anyone have an updated 2018 RPI list of parks, that are verified RPI participants?  I want o compare with the TT Trails Connection (TC) list, to see what the differences are.  Have a TT & TC, but am wondering if I need a RPI too, depending on plans and locations and parks.

Since I wrote the original post above, we've spent one year traveling full-time. We ended up getting RPI and C2C, but not TT. We found overall that we LOVED the RPI parks especially. They always had room for us, always had a stellar price (~$10) and we're safe and clean. While traveling, our rule of thumb was to always look for an RPI park first because we liked them so much.

That said, like TT parks, they are many times a little off the main course, so you have to account for that. For the price, which for us was something like a couple hundred dollars, it paid for itself in less than a month.

Family of 5 + dog

47 minutes ago, JuryDuty said:

Since I wrote the original post above, we've spent one year traveling full-time. We ended up getting RPI and C2C, but not TT. We found overall that we LOVED the RPI parks especially. They always had room for us, always had a stellar price (~$10) and we're safe and clean. While traveling, our rule of thumb was to always look for an RPI park first because we liked them so much.

That said, like TT parks, they are many times a little off the main course, so you have to account for that. For the price, which for us was something like a couple hundred dollars, it paid for itself in less than a month.

JURYDUTY - do you have a list (or screen capture of the list) of RPI parks from the reservation web site?  I cant seem to find a list of RPI parks so I can do an exact comparison of which is on both systems, and which is exclusive to RPI.

29 minutes ago, offroad said:

JURYDUTY - do you have a list (or screen capture of the list) of RPI parks from the reservation web site?  I cant seem to find a list of RPI parks so I can do an exact comparison of which is on both systems, and which is exclusive to RPI.

I think this is what you want: https://www.resortparks.com/guides/RPI 30th member guide.pdf

Family of 5 + dog

That's good information....thank you.  We just purchased a Thousand Trails Elite membership and were considering the option to add RPI.  With your experience I think we'll go ahead and purchase the RPI.....this is the link TT sent us regarding RPI parks:  https://www.resortparks.com/learnmore.php

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Archived