Sprint offering 1 Year of Unlimited of Data for FREE.

After nearly 25 years with Sprint, I gave in and switched to Verizon.  

My service was getting to be unusable.  I work near the border in CA & AZ and often it was charging me for roaming and I seldom had service.  I was loyal to them and with the rumors of their collaboration with T-Mobile, I waited, and waited and waited but my business was suffering due to their lack of investing in their equipment and their inability to meet my needs.  So, good bye.  The 2 year contracts also were a big part of my decision.

Now, a month with Verizon and I have NO regrets.  Yes, a bit more expensive BUT I am getting what I am paying for, and that is service not PROMISES.

Marcel

I tried to get a free account using my unlocked Google Pixel 5X phone.  It is on their list of compatible devices.  But when I try to sign up for the free account it asks for my phone number and IMEI number, and when I do, it tells my my device is not compatible.

That may be because Google Fi also uses Sprint ( as well as T-Mobile and US Cellular) and it sees my Sprint logon and therefor it won't allow that free connection.

Oh well, thought it would be fun to try...

John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

• 2 weeks later...

Why on Gods green earth would anyone thatvtravels want sprint?!! I have a Sprint hotspot and it works nearly nowhere. Certainly doesn't work worth a darn where RVs like to travel. Two year contract is up next month....Hallelujah 

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

As far as I can tell the only networks with reasonable coverage outside of major centers are verizon and AT&T. Verizon has slightly better coverage but with a cell booster we have always been able to get AT&T service. If you only camp in campgrounds in major cities I guess Sprint might be OK but we had Tmobile for a while and it worked only 10% of the time when boondocking

Archived