Trying to figure why?

Mark and Dale Bruss

23 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Some have suggested that as we the peasants, have no power to change what many of us believe to be a wrong committed against one of the serfs who has contributed to this forum for a very long time, some have said in a round about way that we should just shut up and fade away.  We don't have power but we do have a voice and if you truly believe that a wrong has been done to someone then you should use that voice in an effort to resolve the matter in a manner that is fair and reasonable.

And so I will use my voice to ask that the administrator that has made this decision against Ron, to rethink and reevaluate his decision based in large part on the contents of this thread and take into account the many comments by members of this forum who support Ron and saw no "intentional" disrespect by the words used in his post.

Free Ron, please do it soon, thank you.

Dave

Hit the button on the top to "Report Post".  This is the only way the Admins will see it if they don't read their own forum (crazy!).  

I have never been a part of a forum that the owner, admin and moderators are not major contributors.  I am a moderator on another forum and the only reason I was asked is that I am a very active poster and contributor.  A a mod I do have the ability to warn, suspend or ban members.  It has been done a couple of times but only in extreme circumstances.  To me this action was very heavy handed.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to add something for "Escapes" to think about.........

I joined Escapes because I felt like it was the right thing to do if I was using this forum.  No, it is not required to be a member of Escapes to contribute.  None-the-less, I have happily paid my annual dues and display the Escapes logo on both my trailer and HDT.  But, living mostly in the eastern part of the US I have had little benefit from the other perks Escapes offers.  I did stay in an Escapes member park near Knoxville, TN a few years ago and received a discount greater than Good Sam.  But, in no way do I recover my annual dues other than felling good about being a member to support this thread and hang out with other HDT'ers.

I also note that Escapes is soliciting advertising on the forum and have several that pop up when I load this thread.  For advertisers to pay the price to be recognized, they want as many folks as possible in a particular spot.  In fact, advertising rates are often based on the number of viewers - just like TV programs and the Super Bowl.

Now, I know I don't have a vote in the Escapes organization where I can cast a ballot.  Escapes is privately owned as is this forum.  But, I can choose to pay my membership dues which, in a round about way, is a vote. Every once in awhile I make a worthwhile post that just might attract viewers.  I would like to think my presence here has some value to Escapes.

"We" - meaning the group at large, have contributed to the development of the HDT Resource Guide, largely through the efforts of Mark collecting and compiling the various postings.  The Resource Guide draws viewership, advertisers and in some cases Escapes membership.

As any good businessman knows, customer satisfaction is #1 in running a successful business.  It is foolish to intentionally do things that make customers want to look elsewhere for their "products".

Currently, there are several venues that could easily handle the comments and conversations we collectively post and read here.  I would think that the loss of our group, or even part of it,  would have a negative impact on the organization.

One other "thing" that should be considered by the administrators/owners of this thread.  I personally feel a closer tie to the folks on the HDT thread than any other I visit.  We have come to know each other through the HDT rally's and this thread to the point that we make up a family.  Fellow HDT'ers gathered here are more than an avatar or made-up screen name.  When we lose one of our own or feel that they have been treated unfairly it is only natural to bond together in support.  Just look at the number of responses to this thread! 

Hopefully the owners will revisit the perceived harshness of how posting infractions are interpreted and handled.  Blatant and intentional misconduct like flaming, political commentaries or commercial advertising are easily recognizable as breaking the rules.  But the posting that Ron made that has allegedly led to his restrictions is not as clear.  IMHO, the smart thing to do - policy or not - is to review the actions and punishment.  An old saying: "It is never a good idea to cut off your nose just to spite your face".

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

3 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

Hit the button on the top to "Report Post".  This is the only way the Admins will see it if they don't read their own forum

X2

Thare's a quote that I found applicable in my career on those occasions when I was "enlightened" and changed my position; "Never let your position get so close to your ego that when your position goes, your ego goes with it."

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Archived