Trying to figure why?

Mark and Dale Bruss

16 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

I can't believe a suggestion like this would be posted as a working bypass of a means of controlling the masses. Anarchy is the next step. Anarchy, I tell you. 

I'm shocked! That sounds political!

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one likely should have acquired at least a 100 points so far just for some of my postings regarding "Grumps" and some of the "Child-slave-truck-abuse" that "Grumps" heaped upon me before I moved out and went on my mission to save the world............maybe the statute of limitations keeps point from being issued.

All kidding aside it seems like this forum is a free service provided by Escapees and as such they make the rules and have ALL options to do anything that they desire with anyone at anytime and holding appeals of actions are NOT a action that they desire to do period.........likely they have better things to do than to hold kangroo-court for a bunch of geezers.....

OK this is where I get in trouble.........In the past I have suggested that .......perhaps.....just perhaps, someday that the HDT-RV group ....might .......start a formal club of some sorts and then club services such a rally's , blogs, newsletters, HDT-INSURANCE club  discounted, and highly paid President, VP, Sec and assorted "staff"......etc.

Anyhow, maybe some things on the forum are not "perfect" but it seems to work for many needs .......the "American-way" used to be if you want something better.........get to work and invent something better.......

Lately the "new-american-way" is to just ......complain....

Drive on...........(which way.......Old American way ........or complain)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Dollytrolley - after many moons in the commercial side of heavy trucks and so far resisting personal ownership of one due to it being a waste of good motorcycle money...if you / others start such an organization I may have to find an haytch dee tee in the bush someplace... it may be a political incorrect one complete with no mufflers, big gopher bonker front dozer blade bumper, 40 eleventeen lights etc. sheet metal hood... o.m.g.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

On 6/20/2017 at 10:18 AM, mr. cob said:

Howdy Dale,

Thanks for the information you have just posted, what you have said is true, its all a matter of playing with words but the end result is Sibernut has been effectively banned even if wasn't officially done.

OK, climbs onto the soap box and taps the mike........ This incident is about as blatant an example of political correctness gone CRAZY as one needs to see and its just plain WRONG.  That is why in my posts to this thread "I" used the words "assume", "assumption" and "stereotype" and also stated that most stereotypes DO have some basis in actual fact.  Again "I" am assuming that what Sibernut posted was in jest but in all honesty if a person was looking for a truck and came across one that had been lived in, cooked in for a  long time and did in fact smell of curry, garlic, stale beer, trash, pet waste, body odors or anything else that was objectionable would this not be a legitimate reason to pass on that particular truck and continue the search, as to it possibly having a hole in the floor HELL YEAH, I'd pass as I am sure would most others.

Another thing made clear in this thread, if someone has the power to affect ones life, being able to post on a forum is an affect, the person who has that power as Dale has stated should have a knowledge base that would allow making such a decision based on facts and NOT personal FEELINGS.

I am an old white guy, been around the block a few times, have had some life experiences that perhaps have given me a different take on a lot of things, I am not known to be overly sociable, am quite set in my ways but still go through my life attempting to do as little harm as possible and unless shown or given a reason not to give respect to every and anyone.  That said what I have posted in this thread may have offended those whose life experience is different then mine if that is true then there are a couple of ways to approach it, "we" can talk about it and try to learn from each other, or "we" can walk away, ignore, ban each other and in the end lose a chance to perhaps broaden our horizons a bit and become a better person for having given the other guy a chance.

Dave

Dave;

I have been on this forum since 2003. I have been to one of the 1st west coast get togethers, met many folks. I have been involved with many a topic, even had differences of opinions with many. Especially when it comes to the V vs F brand!

That being said, you were the first to visit with me "at my house" no questions asked, our bond was our love of HDT's (and motorcycles)! So in my book (unless you have changed) you are a stand up guy and are welcome anytime! 

Back to the topic at hand...

Was the restriction valid? Personally I do not know "all of Sibernuts posts", but the related post should not have had the recourse they applied.

To the folks who want to make this forum into something other than "about the HDT's" or lifestyle, please find another venue. Myself along with others come here "for the HDT's"! 

Just something to think about when it comes to our "differences" .....Unless you have walked in "their shoes" you will (never) understand their view!

Thank you

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

On 6/19/2017 at 4:22 PM, Thom Bruning said:

Thank you all for your input on this topic. Rest easy in knowing that no one related to this topic has been banned, or banned for life. Thanks,

Admin

Is this really an argument/discussion about nothing?

1 hour ago, Sehc said:

Is this really an argument/discussion about nothing?

It depends on how you look at it. If every post you make has to be approved by an admin before it is posted for the rest of the time you are a member, it makes it rather hard to respond to a topic in a timely manor. I don't think the points you have accumulated on this forum ever disappear, they stay with you forever. I think he is at the maximum right now and will stay that way the rest of the time he remains on the forum.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I've been following this thread daily since it began.  It has been enlightening if not as good as General Hospital.  Anyway, I decided to look up "curry" in Wikipedia.  I had no idea that there were so many different curries in our world and that its etymology included so many different countries.  It appears that it is a rather broadly originated spice that can be made of many different ingredients.

After some more wondering I decided to ask my go-to LEO authority (my son) what his reaction would be if he stopped a HDT and noted a strong "curry" smell emanating from inside.  He smiled and responded that unless someone in the back was preparing dinner on a stove he would most likely suspect that they were trying to cover up the smell of something else, maybe even hoping to throw off a drug sniffing dog.  But, aside from myth, the only thing a strong curry smell would fool would be human olfactory glands - a drug dog would smell right through it.  Anyway - back to the LEO story...... It is not exclusive to curry, any strong, overpowering odoriferous substance is reason to suspect someone may be hiding another lesser but easily recognizable substance smell - like just maybe a little burning weed?

OK - not to get into detail about the laws concerning vehicle search - voluntary or not, but this could be the basis of calling in for some assistance from the Drug Enforcement Guys on the local payroll regardless of the genetic features of the folks inside.  It just got out of the realm and experience of what the first LEO was qualified to investigate.

Now, that scared me a smidgen.  "What if" I had bought a HDT that had a strong smell that still permeated the interior parts that are capable of absorbing the oils from this substance and I was for some reason stopped by a LEO?  Would I then become suspect of hiding an illegal drug?  Good Golly Miss Molly - I had best be careful and not dump one of those old bottles of English Leather or Jade East inside my truck again!  But, they at least covered up the smell of the mouse that crawled up in the cab and died in the air ducts......   Could, I mean, is it possible that our contributor that is now being filtered was warning us not to buy a truck that had been used by a Pot Smoker?  I simply don't know as he has not been able to explain himself.

You know, I think everyone on here is CRAZY! 

Whoa...... how did you interpret that one?  Crazy as in loony?  Crazy as in Crazy about your HDT?  Crazy as Crazy in Love?  Well, I can tell you it isn't crazy as in loony - thou some might have read it that way.

Interpretation or intent when it comes to speech or text can get really skewed depending on how the "other person" reads it.  You know, you gotta be careful now days.  So many statements common from my generation (Baby Boomers or Geezers depending on who you ask) that I was once used to saying or repeating just aren't acceptable any more.  Every once in awhile one slips out from old habits and if I realize that it could be taken differently than I intended I make an even bigger fool of myself trying to explain my way out of it.  Can you imagine the expression on a good friend's face when I told him that my son at Virginia Military Institute has a "Dike"?  Yeah, it can get skewed really fast.........  (BTW - every underclassman at VMI is assigned a Dike.)  Oh crud.... I did it again.  Used the term underclassman.  Now that VMI admits women it should be underclassperson..... I guess?  I mean, it isn't Postman anymore, its Letter Carrier..... Best I just shut up before I swallow my whole foot.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

11 hours ago, CDR said:

Dave;

I have been on this forum since 2003. I have been to one of the 1st west coast get togethers, met many folks. I have been involved with many a topic, even had differences of opinions with many. Especially when it comes to the V vs F brand!

That being said, you were the first to visit with me "at my house" no questions asked, our bond was our love of HDT's (and motorcycles)! So in my book (unless you have changed) you are a stand up guy and are welcome anytime! 

Back to the topic at hand...

Was the restriction valid? Personally I do not know "all of Sibernuts posts", but the related post should not have had the recourse they applied.

To the folks who want to make this forum into something other than "about the HDT's" or lifestyle, please find another venue. Myself along with others come here "for the HDT's"! 

Just something to think about when it comes to our "differences" .....Unless you have walked in "their shoes" you will (never) understand their view!

Thank you

Curt

Howdy Curt,

I haven't changed that I know of, still a "Cob" :D  and I am still looking forward to a time when you have time off from work and we can do some camping together.  Thank you for inviting me to your home, I enjoyed our visit.   Still can't get the Freightliner site to work on my Mac but what the heck I have this forum to answer most of my questions.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

Some have suggested that as we the peasants, have no power to change what many of us believe to be a wrong committed against one of the serfs who has contributed to this forum for a very long time, some have said in a round about way that we should just shut up and fade away.  We don't have power but we do have a voice and if you truly believe that a wrong has been done to someone then you should use that voice in an effort to resolve the matter in a manner that is fair and reasonable.

And so I will use my voice to ask that the administrator that has made this decision against Ron, to rethink and reevaluate his decision based in large part on the contents of this thread and take into account the many comments by members of this forum who support Ron and saw no "intentional" disrespect by the words used in his post.

Free Ron, please do it soon, thank you.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

22 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Some have suggested that as we the peasants, have no power to change what many of us believe to be a wrong committed against one of the serfs who has contributed to this forum for a very long time, some have said in a round about way that we should just shut up and fade away.  We don't have power but we do have a voice and if you truly believe that a wrong has been done to someone then you should use that voice in an effort to resolve the matter in a manner that is fair and reasonable.

And so I will use my voice to ask that the administrator that has made this decision against Ron, to rethink and reevaluate his decision based in large part on the contents of this thread and take into account the many comments by members of this forum who support Ron and saw no "intentional" disrespect by the words used in his post.

Dave

Dave,

From the postings so far from the moderators it seems that the folks in charge of ........"change" (Admin) .........never or seldom ever read the posts so it seems that pleading to.........moderators is like shouting in the wilderness......since moderators have no powers to make any "changes-in-posting-status"......... sorta reminds me of calling a call center these days......

Current management (or mismanagement) theory / policy contends to not right ANY wrong or else then your "policy" will be questioned and of course "policy" is sacred...........after all "policy" IS "policy".....

IF admin could hear the geezer--shouts for mercy they would likely just sigh and get on with more important matters.

Where justice meets "policy" these days justice often fails.......it's just the way things are these days.......

Being a geezer can be tough........"Grumps" used to say "you'll know when it's time to die and let the young folks put up with things that do not make .....sense" and my aunt Audra would say at 100 "old age ain't for sissy's".

After way too many thousands of hours herding various aircraft around the sky I now measure my quality of life by how LITTLE I fly anymore.........things have changed a LOT in flying and for the most part younger pilots are better equipped to deal with the newer "policies" of flying.........sad how badly things have changed but that's............progress........sorta....

Drive on...........(Shouts in the wilderness are.............?)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

8 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

Dave,

From the postings so far from the moderators it seems that the folks in charge of ........"change" (Admin) .........never or seldom ever read the posts so it seems that pleading to.........moderators is like shouting in the wilderness......since moderators have no powers to make any "changes-in-posting-status"......... sorta reminds me of calling a call center these days......

Current management (or mismanagement) theory / policy contends to not right ANY wrong or else then your "policy" will be questioned and of course "policy" is sacred...........after all "policy" IS "policy".....

IF admin could hear the geezer--shouts for mercy they would likely just sigh and get on with more important matters.

Where justice meets "policy" these days justice often fails.......it's just the way things are these days.......

Being a geezer can be tough........"Grumps" used to say "you'll know when it's time to die and let the young folks put up with things that do not make .....sense" and my aunt Audra would say at 100 "old age ain't for sissy's".

After way too many thousands of hours herding various aircraft around the sky I now measure my quality of life by how LITTLE I fly anymore.........things have changed a LOT in flying and for the most part younger pilots are better equipped to deal with the newer "policies" of flying.........sad how badly things have changed but that's............progress........sorta....

Drive on...........(Shouts in the wilderness are.............?)

Howdy Dollytrolly,

Sometimes a man just has to cry into the wilderness if for no other reason then to prove to himself he's still a man.  Kinda like the old saying that goes something like this, "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."  There are times when calling out a wrong even if its in vain is the right thing to do.  Yeah I know, if I had just sat down rather then stand up my nose wouldn't have been broken; but I couldn't do it then, and I can't do it now.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Dollytrolly,

Sometimes a man just has to cry into the wilderness if for no other reason then to prove to himself he's still a man.  Kinda like the old saying that goes something like this, "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."  There are times when calling out a wrong even if its in vain is the right thing to do.  Yeah I know, if I had just sat down rather then stand up my nose wouldn't have been broken; but I couldn't do it then, and I can't do it now.

Dave

Dave what you say is so true........

Once in a while when I used to know-so-much "Grumps" used to smile and say....."well Einstein, some day if you get lucky enough to get some grey hair or your hair falls out you will become aware of things are real BS and then you can call a spade a spade and folks will stand back and say wow did you hear what that old geezer said?"

Well Dave ponder this..........Turns out "Grumps" knew when to die after all because now we have arrived at the point that when a geezer says something "deemed incorrect"..........NO ONE hears him anymore........

You know as I recall I was a take-charge-gung-ho-save-the-world-guy until one Sunday morning I got out of bed and the guy in the mirror was a Grey-Thin-Hair-GEEZER............yep your kick-A$$ one day and the next ........Geezer

Geezers used to be seen AND heard............now Geezers are lucky to just be seen.

For too many years I operated in the backwaters of the world where folks from N. America best not say much just to stay alive now that I am back home ..........I stand back at times in wonder how much........home has changed....

Likely Ron will be fine and move on nicely, I enjoyed his postings so it's likely his being gone from the forum will mostly be the loss of the forum.......

The preoccupation of many folks in America on fire to "Correct" other folks around them is a rather odd "hobby"..........the "correction-hobby" is not tolerated in many places in the world and it seems that the "edge" that this "hobby" has attained is unhealthy to say the least.

Drive on..........(Wishing Ron smooth roads ahead..........)

th.jpg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Even if 'they' freed Ron now , why would he come back ? 

I'm sure he realizes that all it takes is some thin skinned wimpy whiner complaining to admin for it to happen all over again .

But , maybe I'm all wet . 

Goes around , comes around .

13 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

X 2.

X3

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived