Trying to figure why?

Mark and Dale Bruss

3 hours ago, Buscrusher said:

I really had to put my tongue in my cheek when all the hysterical commentary about racism started. THAT was the person I would have banned...

This. Overly sensitive foolishness like this certainly doesn't make me want to be a more active member of this forum. No wonder people don't post much here.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, oldbutspry said:

This. Overly sensitive foolishness like this certainly doesn't make me want to be a more active member of this forum. No wonder people don't post much here.

Howdy oldbutspry,

As Phil and others have pointed out, this is a privetly owned and administered forum that being the case we are ALL subject to the axe should our participation anger the gods as it were.  The problem as I and I dare say others who have also voiced an opinion on how the punishment is metered out is that there seems to be no appeal process or manner in which the actions taken by the forum administrator's can be questioned or reasoned with.

Warning points such as I and others have been given to the best of my knowledge never go away, I have no idea what action will result in points being given or how many have to be gotten before someone is banned temporarily or for life.  I belong to and participate in many online forums, each has its own way of dealing with forum members but on even some of the most open and to the thin skinned nastiest forums, the sub forum called "Church, State & Money" over on Adventure Rider, for example it takes an EXTREME post to get someone banned for life.

I know we have no "rights" when participating on ANY online forum, I know we can be banned just for the sake of being banned, its the cost of being a member of any forum; all we can hope for is that the useful information, the deals that can sometimes be had and most important the friendships we make by meeting and sharing our lives with fellow forum members will make up for the loss of freedom we are so accustomed too.

I guess what I am rambling on about is this, DON'T leave the forum over this recent situation, I have gained so much knowledge from this forum, I have met so many wonderful like minded people that I put up with it by just biting my tongue, well I try to anyway.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Mark I have no idea how one becomes a moderator so soon unless this person has experience somewhere else.  But that comment was offensive and added nothing constructive to that thread and the member who called him out on it did the right thing in my mind.  You shouldn't need any experience to see that.  Now is a lifetime ban appropriate I don't think so.  I think Sibernut should have deleted the comment and apologized in that thread immediately and maybe the moderators should have given him a time out.  What bothers me is I have read that exact comment in this forum before and Sibernut's post is still there.  If the moderators leave it up don't you think they are condoning it and someone else is bound to repeat it?  I hope the lifetime ban is reconsidered as Sibernut has been very informative member.  But then again we can't see his history with the moderators.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

55 minutes ago, noteven said:

images.jpg.c7e4c0cb579a0a823300da409c6df61c.jpg It's us you guys! We got the beer and curry... 

24 years using LPC's and rucking. Airborne, air assault, pathfinder US Army infantry. 

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

Mark I have no idea how one becomes a moderator so soon unless this person has experience somewhere else.

The  admin in question works for Escapees. They are not a moderator - they are the admin. 

In general you get 3 points and you are banned.  As far as I can tell Sibernut is not banned, but his posts have to be approved by a moderator. Perhaps a new way of handling things....I don't know. The forum software is a little different than in the past.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

Mark I have no idea how one becomes a moderator so soon unless this person has experience somewhere else.  

(Didn't see Jack's post before I replied.)

Just an FYI -- "Moderators" don't have the power to ban anyone or put anyone on moderated status.  Only an ADMINISTRATOR can do that.

As far as I am aware, the Administrator(s) don't regularly read these forums.  They come here in response to a Report (again, as far as I am aware).

Just wanted to clear this up because several people have mentioned the term "moderator" and, as noted, we don't have that power.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I will ask a question so that I can understand the "rules" associated with posting.

If I was to post that I did not buy a certain HDT because the odor in the cab was offensive to me(albeit I have bronchial issues that are exacerbated but these odors), but that odor was due to a practice common to truck drivers that sit in their seats for many long hours, would this post be in violation of this "rule"?

Marcel

Geez folks.......

As you can read below........being a bit "mechanically-challenged" in the CENTER of NOWHERE Nevada seem it may have been like a high-bucks-spa-treatment compared to the goings-ons here on this thread and others here on the forum last week........

Shucks.......we had NO cell service.......NO internet service.......and even when a lady stopped by with a sat-phone it would not connect.........AND.......we had a great time......

What we did have was NO current news......seems did not miss much..........we did have some wind and snow but hey at 7,000 ft elev thats the norm..........we had +300 gallons of clean water........plenty of propane.......1,000 pound of hay for Dolly........starry nights and critters milling about.........even two nice rattlesnakes..........all in all it sounds like being a bit broke down was perhaps a considerable upgrade compared to some of the "happenings" here on the forum........

I hope folks here can "scab-up & hair-over" and we can all get back the making the world a peaceful place again........

Read below just see how much fun you can have fully dressed..........

So……

Nice pull out of Camp at Last Chance Peak East of Death Valley Sunday morning but fairly heavy traffic up Highway 95 and all went perfect till……...26 miles North up Hyw 376 the Dollymomma keyed the mic and said…….”oh I have a problem…..the check engine light is on and the the coolant temp is climbing fast and the shoulder is too steep to pull off so she powered down and coasted to a stop with the horse trailer fairly tilted in a fairly steep ditch………she had Dolly the paint horse in the horse trailer.

I slowed the Dollytrolley down and pulled off into a less steep ditch with the toybox-bunkhouse in tow…...I jogged back about a 1/8 mile and raised the hood and saw the problem in a second…...The Cap on the spare ¾ inch heater port on the new extreme duty radiator had come off and all coolant had blown out in no time…...uhgggg

We carry 5 gallons of water in the back of the pickup so I fabed a new cap with Gorilla tape and two hose clamps and filled the radiator with water and started the engine and …...the oil pressure was normal but…...it had a steady miss and…...it was blowing a steam ring out the exhaust…...uhggg only 8,000 on a new GM crate motor and now a blown head gasket…...uhggg

No worries just call the tow service in Tonopah…….well actually not that easy …….no cell service for about 25 miles so…...no worries…..just unload Dolly out of the horse trailer and load her into the horse module in the back of the toyhauler and take her and Dollymomma back the the rodeo grounds in Tonopah and then get the tow service to get the pickup…….easy…...sorta

Load Dolly in a howling wind and crank up the Dollytrolley and off we go and pitch cam at the Rodeo grounds and then call the tow insurance hot line and…….they want the cross street…….oh ya right.

I tell the dispatcher in Philly that there are no cross streets North of Tonopah and no cell service and she can not imagine NO cell service of cross streets…..so finally she says that I MUST drive back and obtain the GPS cords and call her …...I tell her that in order I have to drive back to Tonopah to call her she almost started to cry……..

So. before I drive out to the pickup I drive into Tonopah and pull up in front of the tow service to write down the local phone number from the window……...Just a couple hundred feet up the street was a Nevada State Patrol car so I started walking up the street to the patrol car and soon the car slowly pulled up to me and I was amazed was a small lady officer that was almost the identical twin to my twin daughter Beth……… She smiled and said “sir can I help you”….I smiled and said “ well I was wondering if your electronic map was able to give me the Lat / Long cords of the 20 mile marker on Highway 376 ??…...she said “ as you can see I have tons of electronic gear here but we are unable to get any Lat / Longs except where we are sitting...sorry sir”……...I said “ no problem I will drive out and get the Lat Longs and then pull the horse trailer back with the Freightliner…..About then a speeder went by and she had to go stop the guy…..

I hopped in the Dollytrolley and headed out in a howling crosswind…… once I got to the pickup I parked the Dollytrolley upwind and unhitched the horse trailer and just pulled the pickup around away from the trailer and just as I stepped out of the pickup all of a sudden the lady state trooper pulled up and rolled down her window and said “ sir I thought I might come out here to check up on you in this bad weather”……. I held on to my cap and said ….”well that's nice but everything is OK right now and I'll tow the horse trailer back to Tonopah and by then the tow truck might be back to load the pickup”

She replied “ well I hope the tow guys can help you but if they cant maybe I can patrol by sometime tonight to secure your vehicle…...is there anything else I can do for you sir” ……. It was just getting dusk and the wind was howling and I paused an few moments and said….. “well officer what I am about to say may not be kosher but I am a old man so consider the source” ….she grinned and said “sir that OK let me know whats on your mind”…...I said “ well officer I have a daughter that could be your twin sister so here is what I would like you to do…… IF by chance this pickup is still here when you patrol by tonight AND if anyone is near this pickup I want you to turn on your siren and flashing lights and mash the gas pedal down and drive out of sight…….I DO NOT want you getting in harms way over this pickup…..NOT for a second…..do you understand this is you father speaking”……. She smiled and said “well thats a nice thing to say but we are very careful out here with no backup so far away so I'll be careful”……...I said I am hoping that this pickup will be gone in a couple of hours or if not I will plan to park the Freightliner next to it to secure it so you don't worry about this bunch of iron and you be careful”…… She smiled and said thanks for your concern and you also be careful…..

Two hours later the pickup was unloaded in front of the shop in Tonopah and all was well…..

Very remote out in the middle of no-where but some nice folks you meet along the way….

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

35 minutes ago, Thom Bruning said:

Thank you all for your input on this topic. Rest easy in knowing that no one related to this topic has been banned, or banned for life. Thanks,

Admin

Thank You for that^ , Thom Bruning . 

Goes around , comes around .

26 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Thank You for that^ , Thom Bruning . 

Wait on that for a moment

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

So.....

Just as I hoped.....the world is at peace again........and no animals were harmed in this test....???

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

20 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

So.....

Just as I hoped.....the world is at peace again........and no animals were harmed in this test....???

No someone has been banned from posting on the Forum for a questionable reason.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Opinion on what, Roger? We didn't pay to be here. The owners can close this whole place, any single forum or toss each one of us anytime they please. If they got a wild hair they could toss any member that isn't 5'8" or taller. 

"I'm not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night". :D

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I guess nobody remembers "Gargoyle", or "HJSzmyt"? Wonder whatever became of them? Sure been boring around here, without them.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

19 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

I guess nobody remembers "Gargoyle", or "HJSzmyt"? Wonder whatever became of them? Sure been boring around here, without them.

Ha!  Guess metamorphosis is a real process!?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

53 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Seems to me there was another fellow with a Freightliner Columbia that had been changed over to an auto.  Maybe his name was John but I don't remember the screen name.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Seems to me there was another fellow with a Freightliner Columbia that had been changed over to an auto.  Maybe his name was John but I don't remember the screen name.

Nigel

That would be John Tupper. He no longer has that rig. And, yes, he was banned. 

The rules are pretty clear, and you do get three points before being banned. You may not like the rules, and that is your choice. 

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

6 hours ago, Thom Bruning said:

Thank you all for your input on this topic. Rest easy in knowing that no one related to this topic has been banned, or banned for life. Thanks,

Admin

Finally.....somebody that knows the facts.  Thanks for the clearing up all the confusion.

I suggested in an earlier post on this topic that I suspected the person wasn't banned for life, not even banned temporarily but instead, "suspended" and reasonably sure that the offender has been notified of what the offense is/was.

At this point, it appears that those that made assumptions and voiced their frustrations over their assumptions didn't take the time or effort to contact the person that they assumed had been "banned for life" to learn the facts.  Not having a dog in this fight, but from an outside observation it also appears that others not having any facts of the situation assumed that what they were being told was true as fact and jumped on the battle cry without any foundation.

Jack Mayer and a couple others have said it in a pretty nice way.....we're all here visiting in somebody else' home.  If we don't like the way they operate their home we have but one recourse.....to just leave.  I hope everybody just takes a breath and realizes that all the emotion was based on suppositions and assumptions and not fact.....spend a little time taking a good hard look at that.....take a breath and enjoy your evening.  Hopefully everybody returns tomorrow to enjoy this forum the way we all have.

2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, dually, longbed

1 hour ago, JCZ said:

Finally.....somebody that knows the facts.  Thanks for the clearing up all the confusion.

I suggested in an earlier post on this topic that I suspected the person wasn't banned for life, not even banned temporarily but instead, "suspended" and reasonably sure that the offender has been notified of what the offense is/was.

At this point, it appears that those that made assumptions and voiced their frustrations over their assumptions didn't take the time or effort to contact the person that they assumed had been "banned for life" to learn the facts.  Not having a dog in this fight, but from an outside observation it also appears that others not having any facts of the situation assumed that what they were being told was true as fact and jumped on the battle cry without any foundation.

Jack Mayer and a couple others have said it in a pretty nice way.....we're all here visiting in somebody else' home.  If we don't like the way they operate their home we have but one recourse.....to just leave.  I hope everybody just takes a breath and realizes that all the emotion was based on suppositions and assumptions and not fact.....spend a little time taking a good hard look at that.....take a breath and enjoy your evening.  Hopefully everybody returns tomorrow to enjoy this forum the way we all have.

So.....

Just as I hoped.....the world is at peace again........and no animals were harmed in this test....however it might be nice to mix up a BiGfIvEr...........a tall glass of Crown Royal with a splash of Dr Pepper.......cheerz

Drive on.........(No driving after drinking a BiGfIvEr........enjoy)

Archived