Trying to figure why?

Mark and Dale Bruss

Howdy All,

At the risk of incurring the wrath of those who deem themselves to be our betters, if the post still exists could someone provide a link to the thread so we the unwashed may become enlightened as to the offending language and or thought crime that was committed.  Thank you.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VegasFlyer said:

If that is the post that brought about a lifetime ban, the administration of the forum owe it to the members to fully explain thier actions.  It would appear that the political correctness has reached an even higher level.  If that is the case, it may be necessary for a lot of us to consider a different venue.

Escapees is a family owned and operated business. They answer to no one but themselves and there is no one to "appeal" to. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

17 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Most of us think it was over the curry remark in this thread:

Howdy GeorgiaHybrid,

Thanks for the link.

My opinion for what its worth, a crude remark at best, insensitive to be sure, but most would look on it as a joke making fun of a stereotype that has some factual basis in real life.  I guess I'm going to HELL for thinking such but I'll have lots of company.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Hey, no pun intended. What is racist about smells like curry? 

Howdy Glen,

Many OTR truckers are from India or that part of the world, curry is a favorite spice used in many of their foods, many of these drivers cook in the truck thus the smell of curry which is a very strong spice.  I am "ASSUMING" this is what was meant by the words smells like curry, as to the other remark regarding a hole in the floor; I have heard but don't know it for a fact that some drivers of other then western cultures urinate and defecate through a hole in the floor of the truck.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Really think he meant that with his remark? Never heard of such but never been around truckers either

Howdy Glen,

I used the word "stereotype" in my first post to this thread as that is what "I" "assumed" the ruffled feathers were all about.  Stereotypes of ALL sorts do usually have SOME basis in fact but are often times used as derogatory remarks or as the punch lines of jokes.

"I" can only "assume" the words used in the post by SIBERNUT were used in jest, I hardly think someone would be openly racist on a forum such as this but like many things it doesn't take much to offend some folks.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I know I picked up some stereotype remarks in my younger years and meant nothing by it. Didn't even consider it racial. I have since stopped using them. Started really considering what I was saying when I started preaching years ago. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I don't understand the reference either, so I guess I must not be as racist as all us white folks are presumed to be these days...  my truck smells like Whataburger and Flying J burritos, not sure what that means either.

God forbid (oops! religious reference) someone might tell a "certain ethnic" joke everybody harmlessly laughed at when we were all kids.

Come on folks, let's just all lighten up and talk trucks.  We can all agree we love the trucks.

3 hours ago, Big5er said:

Escapees is a family owned and operated business. They answer to no one but themselves and there is no one to "appeal" to. 

I completely agree with you Phil, as far as any appeal or popular vote.  I will also agree that it was probably not the smartest thing to write.  Though there are also a lot of other posts on this forum that are far more absurd.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

1. Folks aren't gonna like the smell of my rig when it's time for a good feed of murgh makhani (buttered chicken) :) 

2. Aren't people from at least northern India caucasian? 

3. mr. cob and Vegas Flyer - Look out! I'm hoofing it for your foxhole....:ph34r:

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

13 minutes ago, noteven said:

1. Folks aren't gonna like the smell of my rig when it's time for a good feed of murgh makhani (buttered chicken) :) 

2. Aren't people from at least northern India caucasian? 

3. mr. cob and Vegas Flyer - Look out! I'm hoofing it for your foxhole....:ph34r:

Howdy noteven,

Well if your gonna share a fox hole with me, bring lots of ammo and be prepared to stick it out to the end cuzz I don't give up or quite, my skins pretty thick and I don't play well with those who are easily offended.  If that's your cup of tea, welcome Brother.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

39 minutes ago, VegasFlyer said:

I completely agree with you Phil, as far as any appeal or popular vote.  I will also agree that it was probably not the smartest thing to write.  Though there are also a lot of other posts on this forum that are far more absurd.

X2

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

5 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy noteven,

Well if your gonna share a fox hole with me, bring lots of ammo and be prepared to stick it out to the end cuzz I don't give up or quite, my skins pretty thick and I don't play well with those who are easily offended.  If that's your cup of tea, welcome Brother.

Dave

password is: "snow"

3 minutes ago, noteven said:

password is: "snow"

Roger that, counter sign is "bird".

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Just now, noteven said:

response is: "tires..." 

Darn internet, hard to keep up sometimes.  We'll work it out. ;)

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 minutes ago, noteven said:

I have beer.  All barley was humanely malted...

If only all problems were so easily fixed. :D

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 minute ago, mr. cob said:

If only all problems were so easily fixed. :D

Why can't our 2 countries just have some Great Leaders that ride motorcycles? 

Is it because riding and b.s. are mutually exclusive?

9 minutes ago, noteven said:

Why can't our 2 countries just have some Great Leaders that ride motorcycles? 

Is it because riding and b.s. are mutually exclusive?

You know, that's a darn good question.  The way I look at it if folks would spend more time traveling, riding or just enjoying LIFE in what ever manner that gives them pleasure without doing harm to others instead of chasing the almighty dollar and power, the whole darn world would be a much better place.  I know over the years more problems have been solved whilst sitting around a camp fire then in most houses of government, just my opinion but I think its valid.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I guess our adim person is  snowflake atuned .  Sure the post was a little out of line, but give me a break. The admin just made it a much bigger deal than it was. I guess we are supposed to have a safe place for posters. This is not a Prius forum. We have big trucks and  big opinions, etc.  I guess I will now be banned as well. Such is life. If you do not stand up for is right where will you stand and when.

adios amigos

John Bagley

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

Archived