Latest info on ultra low sulfur diesel in mexico

telcoman

By the end of 2018, all diesel in Mexico will be ULSD. I have obtained a list from Pemex of 3200 stations that are currently selling it although it is not indicated on the pumps. There is also a website to identify where these stations are

You can find both here ULSD LIST

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Regs say no pickusps with a cargo cpaacity of more thn 7700 lbs. At some corssing this has beeen interprewted as GVW. My advice is to use nogales or Laredo.  If you have a hassle ask to see the Aduana.

Paul Beddows

Co-Founder of NATCOA

2010 Majestic Class C

If it's not listed on the pumps - do you believe the list....or the pump?

If you have a vehicle under warranty and run "regular" diesel (*not* ULSD), besides "limp mode" bad things will happen to sensors, etc.  When you return it to the US (on the hook) - you will become your own warranty station. Firsthand knowledge - not me - a foolish friend with a new pickup...  (I gave up on MX several years ago)

Be nice if there was some way to test the fuel.

2 hours ago, beddows said:

Yes. Regs say no pickusps with a cargo cpaacity of more thn 7700 lbs. At some corssing this has beeen interprewted as GVW. My advice is to use nogales or Laredo.  If you have a hassle ask to see the Aduana.

So how does anyone towing a fifth wheel go there?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

3 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

If it's not listed on the pumps - do you believe the list....or the pump?

If you have a vehicle under warranty and run "regular" diesel (*not* ULSD), besides "limp mode" bad things will happen to sensors, etc.  When you return it to the US (on the hook) - you will become your own warranty station. Firsthand knowledge - not me - a foolish friend with a new pickup...  (I gave up on MX several years ago)

Be nice if there was some way to test the fuel.

Well i would be reluctant to take one under warranty down there. Generally speaking if you keep the truck under load you will  not have issue. Ted White has done a lot of research on this. You can read what he has to say on the subject at http://www.mexicorvbuddies.com/diesel.php

As far as the list is concerned it came direct from Pemex. Most o fit is imported US diesel which is currently about 40% of what is being sold down there.

Paul Beddows

Co-Founder of NATCOA

2010 Majestic Class C

Archived