help with trip planning Elkhart- SD - So Cal

Rav

So we are planning our next several months and need some suggestions. 

Here’s is a quick breakdown of what we must do- leaving Elkhart on July 11th- need to visit South Dakota to finalize our domicile and then be in Southern California October 1st (we have reservations near Upland)

This is one of the biggest trips I have started to plan and fortunately we have several months to do it.

Any thoughts on places to stay and see and roads to avoid.  not sure if we will go north through the UP of Michigan we have been here or west.
We like to hike and visit state and national parks 

Badlands National Park is one we will go too

I know it’s a little late in planning but we just found out we need to be in the SoCal area (all good) this October

Thanks!
Steve

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Steve, Dara and Mattie dog

Travel up west Michigan to the bridge and catch hwy 2 turn left at your SD choice . Once you have SD secure , get back on 2 'til you have to turn . Then left again 'til S Cal ... 

Or take your chances with the big city and a rather boring route across the mid lands ... 

Or maybe you like heat . Then just head south and then turn right . ;)

Good luck . Have fun . :D

Goes around , comes around .

• 3 weeks later...

You probably already have your plans by now. Might I suggest going up the West coast of Mi to take one of the ferries (Muskegon or Ludington, Badger, last coal burner ferry) across to Wi. then West to Badlands, Custer S.P., Yellowstone, Devils Tower. You could continue West then follow the CA coast South through the redwoods or head directly to Utah and visit the canyon and mesa areas.

Greg

Archived