Where to get Bigfoot leveler installed on Teton?

lockmup68

Quadra is saying they are scheduling in August now for install. Anyone know where I can get Bigfoot leveler installed on the Teton between now and July 10?

Also needing windows installed on the truck in the sleeper and a few wiring things. I'm in middle TN, so can go pretty much anywhere except west coast. Work super busy for me now, so I'll need to hire out. 

Thanks and have a great day,

Shannon

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Quadra does good work,has access to all the parts, and experienced workers.  If you can't go to White Pigeon ask them for installer recommendation.       Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

from above: "Quadra is saying they are scheduling in August now for install." They said come back in August, I was going to take it to MI. They declined to recommend a dealer who could do it sooner and said come back later. I am going to call again Monday and beg some more. 

Has anyone ever needed quick repair work on a quadra? If an install is that far out how far out is repair? I "used to have" a motorhome with a leveling system failure. When I called for service they said they would get back to me. When the slide is out that doesn't work. Just wondering about quadra.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

We were at White Pigeon earlier this week.  Our install took a day and a half.  I lost count of how many new rigs were there for scheduled installs - a lot.  In addition there were three people there for installs.  

We also saw a couple of people come in for repairs, they were out the door in an hour or two.

I'm guessing they are busy most of the time, but especially during the spring and early summer.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

I've had to repair a Bigfoot - on a Sunday. I called, left a message for their "pager carrier" and got a call back within the hour with the workaround. So I would consider that outstanding service. One example, though.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

An ex Bigfoot person currently out of Lakeland Florida was at the Tampa RV show 3 yrs ago.  He works a lot on race cars but still does the installs but  charges more.  For my Travel Supreme, he recommended a 21k leg at the rear where Bigfoot only went with a 17k leg.

He also claimed to not require me losing 1 of 2 propane cylinders at the front left side of my rig.

I don't have specific contact info but he pushed the right buttons with me.  You'd have to hunt him out.

Roger

4 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

I would check out the Lippert 6 Point Hydraulic Leveling System.  Ours has operated without flaw for almost 6 years of full time use.  I NEVER beg anyone to take my $ !

I have both the Level Up and the Big Foot.  I will be installing the Big Foot myself on my Newmar Kountry Aire as I am a fabricator and do all sorts of fabrication and installation.  I install equipment in warehouses for a living.  Too bad OP is so far away, (I'm in So Cal) I could do that install for you.

I dont favor the Lippert product mostly because the cylinders are aluminum and where hydraulics are concerned, I would rather have the parts made robustly.  Aluminum cylinders in this application dont fit that description.  Esp if you should forget to raise them and bend the rod.  Replacement cylinders are WAY expensive from Lippert.  We have a thread on this very subject.

You may be able to find someone with the necessary skills other than Quadra to install the system.

Marcel

54 minutes ago, Jack Mayer said:

I've had to repair a Bigfoot - on a Sunday. I called, left a message for their "pager carrier" and got a call back within the hour with the workaround. So I would consider that outstanding service. One example, though.

See if that happens at Lippert

Marcel

We had one rear Big Foot fail to retract while in Utah a few years ago.  I called Quadra late in the afternoon and they talked me through troubleshooting and then swapping the up and down hydraulic lines that fixed the problem which never returned.  We stopped at Quadra a few months later and had them check it out but no problem found and no more failures.  Their phone support is very excellent.       Greg 

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Yes. I am going to do Bigfoot. Not a lippert fan for the aluminum reason among others. I understand they are busy, just trying to find solution to my time problem. We are heading to Calgary on July 10. Would really like to have it done before the big trip. Or before our Canadian leg begins on July 20. 

good news, I have an appt with TNT RV and generator service in Greenville, IL to get them installed. According to Quadra, they trust these guys to do an install on big 5ver. We shall see.

On 6/17/2017 at 8:06 PM, Big Greg said:

We had one rear Big Foot fail to retract while in Utah a few years ago.  I called Quadra late in the afternoon and they talked me through troubleshooting and then swapping the up and down hydraulic lines that fixed the problem which never returned.  We stopped at Quadra a few months later and had them check it out but no problem found and no more failures.  Their phone support is very excellent.       Greg 

Jim at Quadra is an excellent person for tech support.  Has always returned calls pretty quickly and even walked me thru an install when the brain of the system failed and they shipped replacement quickly.

Currently have LIppert on the new trailer (not my decision), but I do like the simplicity of the operation of it vs. my much older Big Foot system on the Teton (2005).  But I do believe that Big Foot has changed that to be similar now.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Archived