Brand New - Don't want to seem like a noob

Debu

The "fluff" you want for everyday living(since you now have a trlr I assume this is what you are asking) is very personal. Take what you want from your house but be careful of overweight and the amount of storage you have. After you have outfitted your rig with the basics I would go on the road for 1-2 weeks and see what you miss the most. You can't take everything so you will need to make a decision. If you are using it for weekends or 1-2 week trips vs. using the rig full-time are totally different.

Think minimal. Your trailer probably can't handle much weight. Bring only what you truly wear and only what you actually cook with, etc. No what ifs.

That said, the more you tell us about you, your planned travels, and your tow vehicle and trailer the more specific answers we can offer.

BTW, it's OK to sound like a newbie. We all were at one time.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Welcome to the Escapee forums.

23 hours ago, Debu said:

What should I buy to stock it with?? Which cooler?  Ice Machine??

Once you have the RV equipped with the most basic things like dishes, silverware, cooking items, etc., it becomes a very subjective thing what else needs to be in the RV. If you have no prior RV experience, it will take some time to figure out how you will use it and where you will take it. How long at a time will you be staying in the RV? 

Most everyone carries at least a few basic tools that are just left in the RV, but I also have a toolbox that I use a great deal which I put into the tow truck each trip. If you use the RV frequently it may be good to have jackets and things of that nature that are just left in the RV to save some of the loading and unloading each trip. We have lawn chairs that stay in the RV as well as campfire tools, some dog items, all sorts of toiletries, bathroom supplies, and even some hobby items. 

On a more basic side, you will need at least one sewer hose that should be at least 10' long and I carry one 10' & one 20' hose and a coupler that allows me to put them together if need be(along with an assortment of fittings). I also keep two 25' potable water hoses and one 10', I use one of the "in line" drinking water filters and I always carry a spare one. If the RV doesn't have a mechanical leveling system, you will need to carry an assortment of leveling blocks to use under the wheels. I also have pads to put under our travel trailer's stabilizers when lowering them. If the RV has a 50a power cord, you need an adapter to connect it to a 30a outlet when only that is available and it is also good to have one that allows use of a 15a outlet. If this is a trailer, you need a set of chocks to block the wheels when parked. 

This should get things started as I'm sure that others will have suggestions and if you can tell us a bit more about your expected use and length of stays, we can probably offer additional items. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 minutes ago, noteven said:

He got out and went behind and she hopped in the driver seat. He gave hand signals she backed the trailer in one shot. .....................

I've also seen couples use walkie talkies. 

Back in our early RV days we did the same as that young couple. Pam found it easier to follow my directions than I did to follow hers. Over the years we slowly developed our own language to back and maneuver and shifted back to me parking the RV. When we went fulltime we used a pair of FRS radios and she directed me that way, standing well back when a park sent someone to do the direction but still guiding since I trusted her more than any park employee. Nowadays we just use our cell phones, with mine on speaker. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 minute ago, Kirk Wood said:

Back in our early RV days we did the same as that young couple. Pam found it easier to follow my directions than I did to follow hers. Over the years we slowly developed our own language to back and maneuver and shifted back to me parking the RV. When we went fulltime we used a pair of FRS radios and she directed me that way, standing well back when a park sent someone to do the direction but still guiding since I trusted her more than any park employee. Nowadays we just use our cell phones, with mine on speaker. 

I edited my big story Kirk - I realized the OP was asking about inside stuff... I got story telling before coffee :o

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived