Wholesale Warranty?

We are considering getting a extended warranty since we will be doing extensive traveling across the USA & Canada over the next 3-5 years. We are looking at Wholesale Warranty as a good candidate (since they are apparently 'endorsed' by both FMCA and Escapees). Anyone have any experience with them? Especially in the area of claims and roadside assistance.

Appreciate any and all input!

Bob & Anne-Marie Williams

| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego bikes |

| Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime |

event.png

An extended warranty is actually just like a healthcare policy but for the RV. They can be good or bad, just as most purchases can be. I suggest that you take the time to read this article from a previous Escapee Magazine to help understand the issue. The key is to be sure that you understand what you are buying and what it will cover. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Kirk!

\WOW that is a GREAT article you wrote my friend! Also, it looks like you were in a similar situation as are we: Going Fulltime and 401(K)s not accessible, so the replacement of a major component of the motorhome would be a financial disaster!

Your well written article has convinced us that "RV Health Insurance" (what a cleaver analogy Kirk!) is the way to go as full-timers (the one we are looking at will even pay $150/day per-diem if we are deprived of the coach while in for repair)

FYI, (and others reading this post) The policy we are looking at is an "Exclusionary" one - meaning if the policy does not specifically exclude an item, it is covered. This policy covers everything except wear and tear items (like a serpentine or tire) but, if in the process of failing, the serpentine causes, say, the water & power steering pumps to seize and fail, then the warranty covers the parts and labor to replace those components, but not the part & labor to replace the serpentine. OK, that seems fair and reasonable.

For anyone else looking into a Extended Warranty, it seems that Wholesale Warranty (https://www.wholesalewarranties.com/vpp-maximum-exclusionary-coverage/#exclusivebenefits) has a very good policy. It is by no means cheap, but it darn near covers everything - and what it does not cover (e.g. Hail Damage or natural disaster) your Motorhome insurance should cover. It even covers up to $200 per service call for a mobile repair technician (not the labor and repair of the problem, but the "service call fee"). Considering the mobile techs around here charge $100.00 a call, this is a very nice benefit and, keeps you from having to go to a RV dealer.

They seem to have good reviews as well:

https://www.customerlobby.com/reviews/10033/wholesalewarrantiescom

Still, it would be nice to have a "real Person" from the forum who has had experience with this company post a "review" :)

One question: Their max payment for towing is $750.00 while that seems like a lot, I have no idea what it costs for a tow job for a Tag Axel Class A! Any ideas out there?

event.png

But you can't do it after you submit a post!

event.png

20 hours ago, HSVBamaBob said:

Their max payment for towing is $750.00 while that seems like a lot, I have no idea what it costs for a tow job for a Tag Axel Class A! Any ideas out there?

I'd suggest that you check to see what rates are for your RV but it can be far higher than that in some circumstances. We were towed one time with our coach but the total bill for the trip cost $1385, which was all paid by CoachNet. We were at a lake and the truck came about 90 miles to us, winched us out of our site, dropped the driveline, then towed us about 50 miles, and then returned to his base, another 65 miles. And it is important to remember that this took place in 2009 so prices have probably increased.  I paid for road service for about 15 years before using it more than for minor services, but it doesn't take a lot to recoup your cost. On the other hand, I suspect that we will pay out more over time than it would cost for all of our usages, but if you get into really remote areas, which we were not, it could be far higher than it was. To us, the peace of mind is well worth the extra cost. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have Wholesale Warranties and have filed a claim. They were very good to work with and no problem paying. We checked out several companies and thought they had the best policy and price. We're happy with them.

As far as roadside assistance, we use coachnet.  

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

OK thanks!

Odd though - I thought Wholesale Warranty's plan offr=ered Roadside Assistance?

event.png

21 hours ago, HSVBamaBob said:

OK thanks!

Odd though - I thought Wholesale Warranty's plan offr=ered Roadside Assistance?

I think it does, but I don't believe the coverage is as good as Coachnet and we already had it anyway before the warranty.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Archived