Delmonico Automatic Washer/Dryer

Does anyone else have a "Delmonico Automatic Washer/Dryer"?  One was in my motorhome when I purchased it new in 1993.  I have not been able to find a model number, "Delmonico" is not even mentioned in the "Use and Care" booklet that came with the machine, and the name or address of the manufacturer are not given.  In 2011 a service man in Mexico replaced the water pump, I assume with a "generic" one.  The washer/dryer has otherwise performed well for 24 years, until now.  With the power switch on or off, the wash selector on "Off," and the "Door Lock" light off, I could not open the door.  I also could not open it when the dryer was on, when the door is not supposed to be locked.  Pulling on the door latch handle, I broke it off.  A service man opened the door by manipulating with a screwdriver the part from which the latch handle had broken off, and the washer/dryer operates normally when the door is closed.  He concluded that the electric mechanism that locks the door is not functioning and must be replaced, but without a model number or any other information about the machine, he cannot obtain a replacement and suggested that I might buy a new machine (for $1,000+)..

I will greatly appreciate any information that anyone can provide.

Apparently Domestic Appliance Trading Corporation went out of business in 1992. This website does mention a correspondence(law firm) name/address as of 1992. It reads like they only made one model of washer/dryer combo., but I don't know any more that what's on that website.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived