Adobe Fixes 21 Critical Vulnerabilities with June Patch Tuesday Update

RV_

Today is Windows and Adobe update day. I also had updates to CCleaner which I did after my updates. The  Adobe Flash patch will install automatically with Windows 8.1 and 10. Previous versions of Windows need to be updated manually. If you own other Adobe programs they need to be updated too. Check within each Adobe program other than Flash.

Excerpt:

"Adobe fixed 21 vulnerabilities across four products today, releasing patches for Flash, Shockwave Player, Captivate, and Adobe Digital Editions.

Most of the vulnerabilities, 15 of the 21, are marked critical by the company because they could lead to code execution. The updates came in the form of four security bulletins Tuesday morning as part of Adobe’s regularly scheduled patch cycle.

All of the bugs in Flash – four use after free vulnerabilities and five memory corruption vulnerabilities – could lead to remote code execution, Adobe warns. The bulk of the vulnerabilities were discovered by a CloverSec Labs researcher that goes by the handle bee13oy, and Mateusz Jurczyk and Natalie Silvanovich, two researchers with Google’s Project Zero.

The Flash Player update brings the Desktop Runtime version for Windows and Macintosh, Google Chrome, and the Desktop Runtime version for Linux to 26.0.0.126 and the version in Edge and Internet Explorer 11 to version 26.0.0.120.

Adobe Digital Editions, the company’s e-book reader software, also received a security update Tuesday. The software is used on e-book readers, such as iPads and Androids but not Kindles. The software suffered from a variety of issues: Four memory corruption bugs, three insecure library loading bugs, and a stack overflow bug. The memory corruption bugs are marked critical and the most pressing as they could lead to remote code execution. The rest of the bugs, marked important, could trigger escalation of privilege or memory address disclosure.

Today’s update brings the software from version 4.5.4 to 4.5.5 on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android platforms."

More in the article here: https://threatpost.com/adobe-fixes-21-critical-vulnerabilities-with-june-patch-tuesday-update/126230/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Could be a bit of both. I took me about the same but then I am downloading to five systems simultaneously, four on WiFi and only my main system directly connected via Ethernet cable. It is interesting to watch the two Atom Processor tablets as the ASUS 10.1 T100CHI is newest with 4GB RAM 128GB SSD Atom Z3795 system that is as slow in the download but much faster on installing and restarting than the oldest, a Dell Venue 11 Pro with the Atom Z3770 that has only 2 GB of RAM and a 64GB SSD.  But both seem just as fast. I have gotten lazy and not updated my old Z3735 Voyo mini PC. It will take a full day to catch up as it needs the Creator's update as well. I sold all my extra monitors as I am slowly liquidating all my audio video gear and cabling except the spare bedroom TV and one of my two YSP 800 (Yamaha Sound Projectors) for the bedroom TV.

Hey Dennis, a side note: I fell in love with the retro red Seiki TV but it is more an accent piece than a serious TV. It is a 22" LCD panel with 1080p but not the greatest picture by today's standards, but far better than any CRT ancestors. It uses the big cabinet to act as a resonating chamber and it really does a superior job on the sound quality of a 22" LCD. I admired it on Newegg for $249.99 and one morning I found them marked down to $79.99 shipped! I ordered it immediately and yes it sold out just after I did when I tried to buy a second one or three for gifts to my grand-kids. http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/seiki-se22fr01-retro-tv-review Dang! It came in in three days and boy were we happy with it. Here is a review with pics if you scroll down showing the connections.  For a spare bedroom accent piece that triple as a TV and streaming device watching Sling TV via the mini computer. I was reconnecting the Voyo mini PC http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_142341.html and as it is a ROM loaded Android 4.4 with a dual boot Windows 8.1 (still supported for several years more until 2023 I think) originally which I updated to 10 despite warnings that it is not guaranteed with any updated version of Windows. It has worked until Anniversary and today it gets Creator's update after it is caught up with the updates prior to Creator's Update and for the previous three months I had it disconnected. BTW it is very good quality once you get the hang of switching the language to English via the video on YouTube that shows the settings menus in English which let me click on the right Chinese box to select languages and from there I could read it and change regions etc.

Mine's already 10 and when it dies I will be getting another newer model but they are high as a cat's back with the new lake processors. Mine's fine until next year when I will buy them on clearance.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived