Work host near Seattle

Greengenes

My mate and I are soon to relocate to Seattle, due to her new job as a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines. As an alternate to expensive living in tiny apartment in Seattle, I was thinking we might park our Airstream in a regional state or national park. I am a jack of all trades and could busy myself fixing stuff. Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

I would agree with Teri that the public parks might be a good choice as a live-on volunteer. You wouldn't get any pay but would get a free site and utilities, other than propane. The area has many state and county parks that do use resident volunteers. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 months later...

I hate to throw a wet blanket on your dreams, but having lived in Seattle for 40 years, and been a full timer for 16 of those years, Seattle and the sounding areas are VERY limited spaces in RV parks, and state parks that have host's, the few RV parks that Seattle does have are either full of people that live there full time, or people that made reservations 6 months to a year ago, just to get in, and if your RV is over 10 years old, you can forget about even thinking about getting a spot, this and the weather is what drove me out of my beautiful town, Seattle. signed ex Seattle native 

• 2 months later...

I agree.  Volunteering might be the way to go.  In the south at least, state/national parks tend to have a two week limit on stays.  Some parks have a limit on volunteers, but if it works out for both parties, they might forget that part.  Some parks may even provide propane, if they have the budget for it.

Just remember to consider preparing for the cold.  burrr :ph34r:

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Archived