Exit Now

emeth

Has anyone come across a travel publication similar to Good Sam's 'Exit Now', that is current?

Unfortunately, 'Next Exit' does not offer any major state, secondary road information.

Planning a trip from AZ to WA through NV, (Routes 93, 95).

Exit Now is no longer published. I don't think there is any publication that covers the secondary roads. Look at traveling secondary roads as part of the adventure. What are you looking for in particular???

If you are worried about low bridges or whether the road is OK for your rig get a copy of the Truckers Atlas. 

6 hours ago, SWharton said:

Exit Now is no longer published. I don't think there is any publication that covers the secondary roads. Look at traveling secondary roads as part of the adventure. What are you looking for in particular???

If you are worried about low bridges or whether the road is OK for your rig get a copy of the Truckers Atlas. 

Yes, we have an older Truckers Atlas but we just wanted to be as familiar with Routs 93 and 95 in Nevada. 

14 minutes ago, Bobi and Dick McKee said:

We lived in Las Vegas for 35 years and I am very family with both 93 and 95. You realize they go in two different directions from Vegas.  95 goes up the west side of the state from Vegas to Reno and 93 goes north east out of Vegas and up the eastern side of the state.  Both good roads.

Thank you.

We will be heading up the 93 from Kingman AZ, picking up the 95 in Vegas, run it up to Reno, hit I 80 to the 95 again and north to the 84, then the 84 NE to Portland OR, then the I 5 N to WA.

Check out TruckerPath, we have it downloaded on DW's smartphone and her Motorola Xoom tablet, works on anything with a built-in GPS. It was made for truckers but is also great for RV'ers, the optional stuff is what makes this so great.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I guess I am confused. Initially, you asked about secondary roads and referenced 93 and 95 which I assumed were state hwys. In some following posts I93 and I95 are referenced, I interpret that as Interstate, not a secondary road. 

What services are you looking for and on what type of hwy?

Other than Google Maps I don't know of anything that covers secondary roads and Google Maps doesn't cover them very well for Rvers.

5 hours ago, SWharton said:

I guess I am confused. Initially, you asked about secondary roads and referenced 93 and 95 which I assumed were state hwys. In some following posts I93 and I95 are referenced, I interpret that as Interstate, not a secondary road. 

The OP is talking about US-93 and US-95 in Nevada.  Although s/he didn't use the designator "US," s/he did mention Nevada.

13 hours ago, emeth said:

Has anyone traveled I 93 and I 95 through NV recently?

We drive both every year...one down to AZ in the winter, the other north in the spring.  Both are good roads; in fact, most of the paved roads in NV are good.

BTW, as I mentioned above, these are US highways, not Interstates.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

16 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Check out TruckerPath, we have it downloaded on DW's smartphone and her Motorola Xoom tablet, works on anything with a built-in GPS. It was made for truckers but is also great for RV'ers, the optional stuff is what makes this so great.

By any chance is there the same software for laptops?

6 hours ago, LindaH said:

The OP is talking about US-93 and US-95 in Nevada.  Although s/he didn't use the designator "US," s/he did mention Nevada.

We drive both every year...one down to AZ in the winter, the other north in the spring.  Both are good roads; in fact, most of the paved roads in NV are good.

BTW, as I mentioned above, these are US highways, not Interstates.

Thank you for your help.

7 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

We travel both 93 and 95 all the time. Other than there not being much traffic I love driving both roads. I love the desert landscape of Nevada.

Thank you for the information.

6 hours ago, emeth said:

By any chance is there the same software for laptops?

No, must be android or iphone device.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived