DollyMomma........Runs off with the.....RoadRanger

Dollytrolley

OK.....yesterday we herded the Dollytrolley out to a remote one mile abandoned two lane road East of Death Valley and so........Dollymomma takes Command of the Dollytrolley for her first intro lesson in taming the mighty Road-Rager............She has a 1981 five speed Toyota truck up at one our places in Oregon so she has no problem with a clutch........

Yesterday went well considering that the instructor is not the best tuck driver at any location on any day..........

After about a hour of running through ten gears of 9 gears or 7 gears we would arrive at the Tee in the road so Dollymomma would turn into the Tee and then back around to make another one mile run.........

Now guys it's pretty dumb to try to teach your wife to drive a truck and it can be dangerous as well...........

So after a hour of practice she was upshifting all 10 gears pretty well and starting to get the hang of down shifting as well........

So.........feeling pretty  proud of myself for my choice of finding the ideal location and methods to teach the RoadRager I was all smiles on the way back to camp.........so then I open my BIG Mouth and say ....."well you did real well.......what do you think about driving the Trolley?" 

She looked over and smiled and said..........."Well driving forward and shifting all those gears was ok but...... I really liked BACKING this truck with those BIG MIRRORS......so now you will need you to install the same Mirrors on my GMC pickup......"

I paused and said..........."Y  e  s     d  e  a  r....."

Drive on.........(GMC pickup nicknamed Dumbo with Freightshaker.....Mirrors)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

If I remember correctly, you mentioned that your bride is an interior decorator, or as my buddy the tile guy used to say, inferior desecrater.  Before drilling any holes. I'd mock up those mirrors and have her come take a look.......:ph34r:

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

A friend of mine is a LS-CFI.  He taught his wife to fly in a Champ.  They are still happily married.

You teaching Dolly-mama a 10 speed 'ranger is on the same level of accomplishment.

Hat tip to you.  

1sm356hattip.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

3 hours ago, phoenix2013 said:

That would be a sight to behold, sort of like the look of the back of the head and the pair of the ears on our Commander in Chief for the past eight years.

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

If I remember correctly, you mentioned that your bride is an interior decorator, or as my buddy the tile guy used to say, inferior desecrater.  Before drilling any holes. I'd mock up those mirrors and have her come take a look.......:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Av8r3400 said:

A friend of mine is a LS-CFI.  He taught his wife to fly in a Champ.  They are still happily married.

You teaching Dolly-mama a 10 speed 'ranger is on the same level of accomplishment.

Hat tip to you.  

1sm356hattip.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Henry.......You bring up a good point......I might need a couple hundred hour of wind tunnel time....I might need to run a Wt & Bal to see if the GMC will be able to carry those mirrors.............

Rick......Unfortunately she has the gift of Deco-Vision so.......I don't cross the ......"gee how do you think it might look"......she already  KNOWS how it WILL  L(O)(O)K,,,,,,,

AV8.........She was OK with the 182 if I wanted to take a nap........she was fine with the 421 (on auto) if I needed to go back to the "rest station" and she could hold altitude within +/- 50 feet with the hot air balloon ........however I did not give her any instruction in the H-295 Helio Courier (conventional gear) in a direct  gusting 18 Kt cross wind.......(I was a just a bit too......busy...)

Drive on............(How much do any of us need to look in the ......mirror(s))

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Divorce course. definitely not a timed event. Here is the  explanation set up a obstacle course using traffic cones ,can be a slalom course   with corners and backing disciplines now you start out with 500 pts for every cone you run over it cost you  fifty points. The team with the most points wins . Sounds simple wright here is the rub . Couple has to choose who is driving dose not matter. For this explanation we chose the wife .she gets blind folded and has to take directions from husband ridding shot gun. all of this is being broad cast over p.a. system.so audience can hear every thing that is being said in cab .Now let the fun begin. Did this at a four x four rally and it was a lot of fun. 

Archived