Start Small

JimK

1 hour ago, JimK said:

I don't have a class b or class c so I have not participated.  I did notice there are over 50,000 posts about heavy duty trucks and about 200 posts regarding class b RVs.  From what I see in campgrounds and RV parks, the ratio should be reversed. 

Why not start your very own RV forums, and then you can impose whatever ratios you'd like. 

By giving this kind of helpful advice: "My only advice is to think it through and not be sucked in by what the RV industry wants to sell.  BTW, most of what is sold is JUNK.  It is poorly built, does not last, is not well engineered, and leaks.  All the more reason to keep with a less than bloated unit." I am sure that the world will beat a path to your new RV forum. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

1 hour ago, JimK said:

I did notice there are over 50,000 posts about heavy duty trucks and about 200 posts regarding class b RVs.

Partly because the HDT forum has been around much longer, while the Class C forum, Fifth Wheel forum, etc., just started up sometime last year (or the year before...I forget exactly when).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

3 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

As for your misconception of what this forum is about , well , spend some time here . Keep an open mind while you observe and appreciate what is offered , even if it isn't what you happen to need at the moment .

OK, I will start another thread asking some questions that are extremely important to anyone who has an RV.  I will be sure to ask my question(s) with a pleasing tone.  I am curious to see if I get knowledgeable responses.

40 minutes ago, JimK said:

OK, I will start another thread asking some questions that are extremely important to anyone who has an RV.  I will be sure to ask my question(s) with a pleasing tone.  I am curious to see if I get knowledgeable responses.

You'll get much better response with honey than with vinegar . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

1 minute ago, Pat & Pete said:

You'll get much better response with honey than with vinegar . ;)

We will see!  I would like to be wrong.  Honey and vinegar have nothing to do with it.  I am asking very basic technical questions.

9 hours ago, JimK said:

You haven't asked any questions in your original post.
A lack of curiosity right there.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

1 hour ago, Rich&Sylvia said:

You haven't asked any questions in your original post.
A lack of curiosity right there.

I don't think that JimK will be asking questions because he himself seeks answers to "very basic technical questions". I believe that he will be giving more of a test to see if he receives "knowledgeable responses".

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

1 minute ago, mptjelgin said:

I don't think that JimK will be asking questions because he himself seeks answers to "very basic technical questions". I believe that he will be giving more of a test to see if he receives "knowledgeable responses".

You are wrong.  And I do wish you and others would respond.  My questions are about tires, specifically load ratings and tire longevity.  There is no test.  I certainly don't know what I should about tires.  I do think they are the most important aspect of safety for any RV.

Archived