Cheap camping near Louisville, KY...?

Roamer

I'm looking for an affordable, clean/quiet campground to stay at in the Louisville area for a few days while my wife catches a plane to visit family. Any suggestions? Corps of Engineers, county parks, wildlife aras? Don't care much about amenities or even full hookups. As mentioned, clean/quiet/cheap are the priorities. Thanks!

Lodestar Knife & Tool

Dozens of vintage and custom knives for sale!

2008 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2014 Scamp 13

I wish I could offer some good news to you.  There is a dearth of what I'd consider good campgrounds in the immediate Louisville area.  The closest, decent CG to the airport is south on I65 in Shepherdsville, and that's an old KOA where you'll be on top of your neighbor.  However, it's clean and convenient to the airport.  How far are you willing to travel? 

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Thx Spindrift. KOA sounds OK, except they always seem pricey for what you get. EDIT: Just checked their website and I'm looking at $44/night for their cheapest RV site. Too much.

I'm willing to be up to 30 miles or so from the airport. Wherever I end up, I plan to stay put until it's time to fetch my wife back from the airport.

Anybody ever stayed at Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area in Brandenburg? It's about 35 miles from the airport.

Lodestar Knife & Tool

Dozens of vintage and custom knives for sale!

2008 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2014 Scamp 13

• 1 month later...

Archived