windows 10 network connection error message

jc2

Last year, I started getting occasional "your not connected to a network" when browsing on my Dell lt. We then went to south Tx for 4 months and used our Verizon hotspot for internet access with no issues. Since returning to our s&b, the error message has started to return numerous times a day using both the network card cable connection and/or wifi. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers for both making sure that they were/are the newest ones. When this error message shows up, the screen will usually refresh itself automatically and go to the link that was originally requested but sometimes it does not and I press the F5 key to do so. Additionally, windows 10 is currently up to date as I keep close tabs on this. Anyone else having the same/similar problems?          

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

Check with your computer manufacturer and see if there are new drivers for the Network adapter or wireless adapter. If this only happens on startup, and you are trying to browse before it is fully booted up, it may be that the system is loading the internal wifi or Ethernet adapter last.

When you ask these type of questions online it is easier to answer if you include the type of computer (laptop, desktop, or tablet,) and the manufacturer and  model number.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I fixed a similar issue with my sister-in-laws laptop by going through the known networks and removing one that was from a neighbors house.  (There was a reason the neighbors wifi was known on the laptop.)  Another thing to try is to change the wifi channel on the router, since you might be dealing with radio interference on the channel used. 

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

27 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Check with your computer manufacturer and see if there are new drivers for the Network adapter or wireless adapter. If this only happens on startup, and you are trying to browse before it is fully booted up, it may be that the system is loading the internal wifi or Ethernet adapter last.

When you ask these type of questions online it is easier to answer if you include the type of computer (laptop, desktop, or tablet,) and the manufacturer and  model number.

Dell MCT71DEJ 5759 Signature Edition Laptop-bought  in March 2015

17 inch screen-16mb ram-2tb hd-win 10-64b

The error message comes and go throughout the time period the LT it is on which is from 8a-9p daily.  As I stated, all the drivers have been checked and newer versions installed as detected.  This is my 5th or 6th Dell product in the last 15 or so years and leaves a lot to be desired as it seems their quality/performance  seems to have diminished noticeably.  Couldn't ever get into tech support while under warranty as they put you on hold forever and ever.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

33 minutes ago, Bill Joyce said:

I fixed a similar issue with my sister-in-laws laptop by going through the known networks and removing one that was from a neighbors house.  (There was a reason the neighbors wifi was known on the laptop.)  Another thing to try is to change the wifi channel on the router, since you might be dealing with radio interference on the channel used. 

I've changed both Wi-Fi channels to lesser congested ones but the error message does not usually show up when using Wi-Fi.

You can have issues with hardware and may have to replace the WiFi radio on it. But before doing that try checking the driver and roll it back to a previous version via Device manager. I let Windows update do my Realtek WiFi driver last year and it installed a bad one that caused exactly the same kinds of symptoms you describe. I also have had quality issues with Dell but I bought mine as a biz computer so I had onsite repair and have had the entire unit replaced twice. Their Indian customer support can be brutal in holds and ability to understand the tech.

If you don't know how to do that it is simple, here is a video:

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Another thing to try is to borrow or buy (they are not expensive) a USB wifi adapter and see if that fixes the problem.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

17 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

Another thing to try is to borrow or buy (they are not expensive) a USB wifi adapter and see if that fixes the problem.

Since 99.9% of the time I'm getting the "your not connected to a network" error message, I'm not sure this is the way to go?  What's interesting is that I did not have this issue when we were in Texas over the winter.   Will be contacting Spectrum for a house call most likely.;)

Archived