Im puzzled about my B class Great West Van

Jimalberta

I have a 2005 Great West Van with a TV and a dvd player. Behind the tv is a push button selector with 3 inputs and an outlet to the tv. One of the inputs is from the dvd player. Another input is from a cable connection beside the water fill. The third input is a mystery because there is no antenna on the roof of the van that I can see.....Any thoughts?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

11 hours ago, Jimalberta said:

I have a 2005 Great West Van with a TV and a dvd player. Behind the tv is a push button selector with 3 inputs and an outlet to the tv. One of the inputs is from the dvd player. Another input is from a cable connection beside the water fill. The third input is a mystery because there is no antenna on the roof of the van that I can see.....Any thoughts?

I owned a small travel trailer once which had the TV antenna built into the roof/ceiling.  I would wager that your RV has an antenna if it came with a TV.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

A 2005 would not have a TV antenna for digital TV, so even if you find it has a hidden antenna, it might not work very well.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

35 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

There's no such thing as a digital TV antenna.

Old over-the-air RV TV antennas were optimized for VHF channels, which no longer exist, and not the UHF channels that digital (HDTV)  over-the-air channels now use.  I added the extra piece to my batwing antenna to make it pull in HDTV better, but the short 5" one that came with my USB TV tuner card does just as well.  I also picked up an amplified TV antenna that fits in a window and it does even better.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

19 minutes ago, Bill Joyce said:

Old over-the-air RV TV antennas were optimized for VHF channels, which no longer exist, and not the UHF channels that digital (HDTV)  over-the-air channels now use.  I added the extra piece to my batwing antenna to make it pull in HDTV better, but the short 5" one that came with my USB TV tuner card does just as well.  I also picked up an amplified TV antenna that fits in a window and it does even better.

I agree that an antenna needs to be capable of receiving uhf signals.  In fact, the FCC states that a TV antenna needs to be capable of receiving both vhf and uhf.  I would agree.  I replaced my batwing with a Jack antenna which favors uhf, and no longer receive two stations as well as I did with the old batwing.  The other stations actually got a better signal.

Here's the guide from the FCC, dated March of 2017.  http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/dtvantennas.pdf

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Archived