Time to change A/Cs. What is the best?

My King of the Road has a Dometic 15,500 btu AC/Heatpump in the living room and a 13,500 but A/C in the bedroom with a frozen up blower.  I am thinking I would move the 15,500 btu from the living room to the bedroom and put the biggest, quietest unit currently available back in the living room.  It is soooo noisy when the blower is running (all the time). This would give me 2 heat pumps and the ability to use either unit through the ducting to heat/cool without having the noise right in the same room with us.

There were some 18,000 btu units (I thought I saw awhile back) but they seem to have disappeared.

So, what is the best brand/model to get, today?

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I just installed an Atwood 15000 Heat Pump and am very impressed with how quiet it is compared to my old Coleman Mach 3.  I am going to replace the bedroom unit next year again with the heat pump unit.

U.S. Navy GSMC(SW) (RETIRED) 1993-11-01, 26 years service with 23 years of that active and 3 years reserve.  Now retired after 20 years at local hospital in the maintenance department.

1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' DP W/6Spd Allison.  Road Master Sterling All terrain, Air Force One, towing new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Elite

5 hours ago, rdickinson said:

Regardless, it should have still been covered by warranty.  That is if you registered the warranty.

Th purchaser of a product covered by what is stated as a "full warranty" does not have to register the warranty by filling out a card (or anything else) in order to obtain warranty coverage.  This was part of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 2 weeks later...

We have the Dometic Brisk Air AC units on our 17 year old coach.  Over the years they've performed flawlessly, however this year had to replace a failed control module on the rear unit and a start capacitor on the front unit.

Based on our experience over t he years I would consider them to be very reliable units.

Good luck with your choice and safe travels...:)

Jim & Sherry Seward

2000 Residency Mod. 3790

2003 Suzuki XL/7 4WD

On 6/4/2017 at 10:26 AM, rdickinson said:

I was only following instructions from the tech who installed it.

Legally you do not have to register a warranty, but in some cases, warranty service is more easily attained if you have done so. In most RV appliances, it just means finding an RV tech who is authorized to do warranty work by the manufacturer of that appliance.

I usually send in the warranty registrations also as I figure that it can't hurt, but if I fail to send one it doesn't bother me. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk Wood said:

Legally you do not have to register a warranty, but in some cases, warranty service is more easily attained if you have done so.

I've never had a problem getting service as long as I could present a detailed invoice/sales slip.  I think warranty registration is a holdover from an era in which the usual "receipt" was just a cash register tape.  These days companies want you to register in order to collect your information for marketing purposes.  

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived