I have a lot of joint pain in my wrist, not carpal tunnel,probably arthritis. It's getting to the point that some days my right hand is almost useless. It was suggested on another website that Curcumin might be helpful. Just curious if any here use it, does it help, what brand and where you get it? As with any search on the web I get thousands of hits with everyone saying theirs is the best.

Thanks,
Dick

My bus build http:/somewhereinusa.x10.mx

"Although curcumin has been assessed in numerous laboratory and clinical studies, it has no medical uses established by well-designed clinical research.[14] According to a 2017 review of over 120 studies, curcumin has not been successful in any clinical trial, leading the authors to conclude that "curcumin is an unstable, reactive, non-bioavailable compound and, therefore, a highly improbable lead." Nelson, K. M.; Dahlin, J. L.; Bisson, J.; Graham, J.; Pauli, G. F.; Walters, M. A. (2017). 

It also shows a potential for toxicity.

Rob (retired Army nurse)

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I have been diagnosed as having arthritis in both wrists and based upon suggestions on these forums, I have been taking Cosamin DS for a year or so and find that it isn't a cure but it does help. I did so partly because our dog's vet suggested a very similar product with the same active ingredient and it seems to help her. Asking my doctor about using it, the response was that it can't hurt and could be helpful. She says that it does have some benefits for some patients. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Each person is different and what works for one may not work for another.  It takes patience and trial and error to find the right mix.

We have been taking  Doctor's Best Curcumin Phytosome Featuring Meriva Vegetarian Capsules.We were told the "Meriva" helps is the absorption of the Curcumin.

We have tried glucosamine chondroitin & MSM without success but have friends that it has worked for.

Our dog has arthritis and 2 years ago the Vet recommended a combination of glucosamine hydrochloride, low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate and avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (asu) and methylsulfonylmethane (msm) (Dasuquin) and she showed improvement in a couple of months and continues to do well.

Here is an article on some other foods that may assist with easing the symptoms of arthritis:
http://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/rheumatoid-arthritis-treatment-management/foods/

This article has a holistic approach to treating arthritis:
http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/jacob-teitelbaum-md/6-week-arthritis-cure

I had to quit drinking coffee last year and replaced it with Licorice Spice tea (also thought to have anti-inflammatory properties) and Ginger Tumeric (purported to have anti inflammatory properties) tea's.  It wasn't easy quitting a 40+ year habit but a side benefit for me was 2 months after starting licorice tea I lost 4lbs with no other changes in my diet. 

Lastly I use blue emu cream and feel it reduces my arthritic knee pain.

Good luck with your search.

Archived