Memorial Day

SuiteSuccess

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the veterans and especially to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.  Thanks and God's peace to the families who must live with those loses.  Especially thank you to my father who flew B29s in WWII.  I know you are in heaven watching over us and telling combat stories with other soldiers.  I love you, dad.

Share your story if you would like.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I have no military experience.  Our son joined the Marines about 11 years ago, and got out 5 years later.  The day he graduated basic training, I hugged him then stood back and shook his hand.  I said "You did this, and I admit I could not have done it."  Our relationship changed that day to much more like equals.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

+1 on your sentiments for those who preceded us and gave all.

20 years active duty (1971-1991), retired MU1 (Navy Band). Pretty sure I'm the only one of my generation to go all the way to "retirement".

Doug

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

Well said, Carl. 

28 years in the Navy, '68-96 and DW served 6 years, also Navy.  My son and daughter were in the Army.  Daughter served in Bosnia/Herzegovina and Iraq.  Son served in Iraq.  Daughter was hurt pretty bad in a vehicle accident but recovered.  Which leads me to why I feel great sympathy for the families of those who gave all and those that received life-time injuries.   

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

I try to make it my goal to not just remember all those folks before, or now, who have served or suffered, today.  But to thank them as I come across them everyday for the freedoms we have today.

May God Bless all those who serve us.  Thanks guys and gals.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead: Short days ago,
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved: and now we lie
In Flanders fields!

Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you, from failing hands, we throw
The torch: be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields

Composed at the battlefront on May 3, 1915 
during the second battle of Ypres, Belgium

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

A special thanks to all of the vets out there and a very special thank you to dad. 1942 to 1969, Army and Air Force, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. An even more heart felt thank you for a loader on dad's WWII quad 50. Edwin gave the ultimate sacrifice during the Battle of the Bulge and dad lived up to the vow they all made. I was the first boy born after the war to that gun group of 4 guys and was given Edwin's name as my middle name. It is an honor I will always hold dear.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Carl, I echo your sentiments of appreciation to all who served and to their families. Were it not for the willingness to serve our country, we would, most surely, live in a very different world. I served in the Air Force for 4 years and had 2 tours in Vietnam. I was very fortunate but lost several friends to that war. I hope that our nation will always remember their sacrifice and service. Thanks to your dad, also.    Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

My son Keith, who is a professional trumpet player for the United States Army, doing his job on Memorial Day, so we all can do ours

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

I 30 years in the Navy Daddy did WW2 and Korea Brother did 2 years in the navy Mamma's brother died in Normandy. All gave some and Some gave ALL. To all of the Veterans active or retired Thank You For Your Service!!    Pat

The Old Sailor

Archived