Handling Health Care

Paul

I am not necessarily a skeptic Kirk. The ACA ministry share exempt programs have been around quite a few years. As I always say it is not true insurance. However,  it may make sense in this environment to consider this as an option especially to use  in conjunction with a  catastrophic insurance policy which may become available if the ACA is repealed. . People just need to make sure they understand exactly what they are getting. 

Dave and Lana Hasper

Glen I know you have been dog piled on this before but unless I am reading it wrong all I see is legitimate questions that someone might like to know and asking about how it has worked for you so far.   I am sometimes a skeptic but I still pay attention in case I might learn something new.

"Sorry, My cat walked across the keyboard " oh I really like this for an excuse when I screw up. Of course I don't have a cat but with some slight modification I can steal it and make it my own like I do for recipes.

BigJim, reason I go in no detail is because I have been jumped on and attempted to word this in such a way to not recommend it to anyone but stated to check it out. Works for us. Liberty's website covers about any question.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

BigJim, reason I go in no detail is because I have been jumped on and attempted to word this in such a way to not recommend it to anyone but stated to check it out. Works for us. Liberty's website covers about any question.

How old are you & your spouse?

Why do I ask? I think age can make a difference.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

I thought that was wise to not recommend but to say check it out. I sort of put myself out there in recommending something in another thread that I may regret but now I am good to go since I can just blame it on SWHARTON's cat. :wacko:  I would tell the post no. but there aren't any post numbers on this new version of the forum as far as I can see.:(

Just to add what I have found out with health share programs.......

And this is a big one for us. If you have a pre-existing condition you can pay " Health Share Payments" for 3 year and in  the 3 years they gradually increase the % they will cover up to 100%----the first year they cover 0% ( this is after 3 years. Diabetes is a pre-existing)

Sooo....I guess I will find out how the Insurance companies will handle no permanent address next year when I purchase 2018 health plan. As long as I go to the" in network group" I should be fine...............I think.......LOL

This is not necessarily true. Liberty will, I know, this was with my wife. Hbp and obesity diabetes. They charged extra 50.00 a month for her and a health coach calls and talks with her monthly. She now is free of diabetes and high blood pressure. She also had full medical coverage the entire time. Please tell what is wrong with this. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I only understand what I read. And Maybe they will as you have stated with your wife but there exclusion are as stated below and take from there guidelines.

"

15) Pre-Existing Conditions. A chronic or recurrent medical condition that exists at or prior to

Enrollment Date, or can be reasonably expected to require medical intervention in the future,

need to be declared upon application for Liberty HealthShareSM membership, and updated with

any new symptoms/signs or diagnoses that come apparent after the application submission.

Failure to declare a medical condition upon application, or failure to update Liberty

HealthShareSM after application, may preclude sharing in that condition any time in the future.

Failure to fully disclose known or suspected pre-existing condition information at the time of

application and before Enrollment Date is a violation of our shared trust between members

and may subject the member to termination of membership. Chronic or recurrent conditions

that have evidenced signs/symptoms and/or received treatment and/or medication within the

past 36 months are not eligible for sharing during the first year of membership. In the absence

of a Permanent Waiver, after the first full year of continuous membership, up to $50,000 of

total medical expenses incurred for a pre-existing condition may be shared in total during the

second and third years of membership. Upon the inception of the 37th month of continuous

membership and thereafter, the condition may no longer be subject to the pre-existing

condition sharing limitations. Appeals may be considered for earlier sharing in surgical

interventions when it is in the mutual best interest of both the members and the membership

to do so."

And you don't believe that is fair to the members. Lots of us live unhealthy lifestyles. We should not be forced to treat their destructive lifestyle consequences. This is member supported. We as members decides what gets paid. This is not for everyone because of this. But we can use any doctor in any state. Currently that is not possible in many states under the ACA and is a problem for full timers. This is a solution for us. 

56 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Lots of us live unhealthy lifestyles. We should not be forced to treat their destructive lifestyle consequences.

I hope you're not putting "pre-existing conditions" in the same category as "destructive lifestyle consequences" or do you think Mo Brooks is right?

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

I didn't say it was unfair. And I am not judging the program.

Only that this is what I understand ........how there program works.

Fully understand the rules determines if the program is good or not for any individual investigating the program.

59 minutes ago, Zulu said:

I hope you're not putting "pre-existing conditions" in the same category as "destructive lifestyle consequences" or do you think Mo Brooks is right?

I agree not all pre existing conditions are caused by destructive lifestyle but most are. Unhealthy diet causes much heart problems. Obesity causes most diabetes and high blood pressure, which also leads to heart attacks.  I know some is heiredity. Liberty does work with people if they willing to change. It is not an insurance company. It is common believers sharing our medical problems. We pray for the sick members. Sent cards, etc. We as members also will send extra if we can to help someone. I would be a member even if we had a great insurance network.  

21 hours ago, Paul said:

I didn't say it was unfair. And I am not judging the program.

Only that this is what I understand ........how there program works.

Fully understand the rules determines if the program is good or not for any individual investigating the program.

While what you say is true, having followed your many posts addressing the faith-based health sharing plans, I can easily see why Glenn would think that you oppose them. I too get that impression. Since Glenn is a member of such a program for several years, would you not concede that he might know a little more about them that you do? I have never been a part of that type program but I do know several people who have been or are presently and they give reports very much like those from Glenn. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived