The traveling wall?

Kirk W

We just visited one of the "Traveling Wall" memorials to the Viet Nam war. This is my third visit to one of the traveling walls and we have also been to the genuine article in Washington DC. The discussion with my grandson about both the reason for the wall and he then asked about the number of them, since he found several such walls on the internet, he is asking which one is the "real" traveling wall?

The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall

The Moving Wall

American Veterans Traveling Tribute

Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund

It would appear that the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund seems to be the same group who raised the funds for the original Anyway, I'm still quite sure just how to answer my grandson, although it did lead to a pretty extensive discussion of the Vietnam war and what took place at the time. His dad remembers the last few years but was born in 1966 so he was only 9 when it finally ended. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Saw my first traveling wall in late 99 or early 2000 at Avon Park, Florida and the real one the year hurricane Katrina hit. I was lucky enough to be there for the WW2 memorial opening. I don't see many refer to seeing the memorial for Korea vets that is near the other ones but I assume most people visit it since it is so close. I was not aware there was more than one traveling wall.  I was kind of hoping to visit the Veterans memorial at Angel Fire NM this memorial day but was asked to work that day in my volunteer slot.  I have seen it  before over 25 years ago but would like to see it again.

Archived