Rattle can clear coat

Wrknrvr

The other day I was in a NAPA auto parts store that mixes auto paint. Just looking around in the paint and body work section.

And they have what they say is two part clear coat in a spray can. Now I much prefer real paint, but what a pain to mix a small amount for clear coating your head light lenses.

Last winter after polishing my head lights several times in the last ten years, I sanded them and clear coated them with regular auto clear coat.

I did two trucks at the same time. So the other owner helped with al the work. A lot of work for such a small job.

The spray can had warnings on it for the type of paint in it. But just did not think about it till now.

Sand and clean lenses, tape off to protect other things. And shot it with a rattle can.

Happy motoring,.   Vern

6 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Most of them have a button on the bottom of the can. Take off the cap, put it on the bottom of the can and use it to push in the activator release button. Then shake well to mix.

Most interesting.  Thanks for the great info.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

1 hour ago, atv_idiot said:

While, yes it technically is a catalyzed clear, it will not hold up as well as a true intermix product. Especially for UV protection

Even better info!

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived