Tire covers

runaway parents

20 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

Where can I buy tire covers that are used on hdts ? I need to cover them up .Wish somebody would invent sun screen for tires.!

Magneshade - A little pricey but they do

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

I bought a set at Camping World for my truck.  The ones for big Diesel Pushers fit perfectly.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

10 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

Being the carpenter that I am it is funny you mentioned this for the last two months that is all I have been cutting  .Never crossed my mind .

I though it might add to the trucks already "Woodsy" personality!

Has there been some new studies on the subject of covering the tires so that we can get more than 5 to 7 years out of them?

Several yrs ago at the National Rally, the Goodyear Man said it didn't make a difference.  When I replaced all 10 of my tires a few months back, the Goodyear Man said Rubber Company is now saying 5 yrs. on aging out a tire.  7 of the 8 rears that came off of mine were made in 2004, and the 8th one was made in 2003.  They all looked good, with no checking.  In fact the only tire falling apart on me was one of the steers I first put on the truck in 2009.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I'm thinking Coreplast, corrugated cardboard and stowing them under the mattress.   Light, easy to handle, any color.  I pack enough lumber as it is.

2 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Being the carpenter that I am it is funny you mentioned this for the last two months that is all I have been cutting  .Never crossed my mind .

Where were you when we were replacing a rotted out floor and hanging trusses last month?

wVzsiV2l.jpg

hwyrCk7l.jpg

TyDLIh7l.jpg

pRbSp9Fl.jpg

ePOsEugl.jpg

Lotsa fun.

2 hours ago, markandkim said:

Can you put the 303 on tires?

From 303

303® Aerospace Protectant is ideal to use on your cars tires and engine. 303® Aerospace Protectant is a water based dressing. This is unique because many other tire dressing products contain harmful silicons or petrochemicals and can harm your tire by dissolving the protective waxes. Another benefit of 303® Aerospace Protectant is it protects from all of the environmental factors listed above. Moreover, the 303® Aerospace Protectant looks great on tires!

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

8 hours ago, Biker56 said:

From 303

I have been a 303 fan for years.  I think using it on tires 2-3 times a year would be a great idea. Easy to do and no need to try to get them covered.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

17 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Has there been some new studies on the subject of covering the tires so that we can get more than 5 to 7 years out of them?

Several yrs ago at the National Rally, the Goodyear Man said it didn't make a difference.  When I replaced all 10 of my tires a few months back, the Goodyear Man said Rubber Company is now saying 5 yrs. on aging out a tire.  7 of the 8 rears that came off of mine were made in 2004, and the 8th one was made in 2003.  They all looked good, with no checking.  In fact the only tire falling apart on me was one of the steers I first put on the truck in 2009.

Rocky,

This Bridgestone article disputes the Goodyear man.

http://www.tirereview.com/how-long-do-truck-tires-last/

Granted it was from 2009, but Google search didn't turn up anything changed.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks Carl.  I like to keep fresh tires on the steer axle, but worry a lot less about other positions.  In my unprofessional opinion, the lower stress on the tire, (percent of load capacity) the longer it remains in service. I have 24.5 tires on a grain trailer that are dated 2000 and still in service.  But they only run about 1500 miles/year, and the longest trip is 11 miles, so they never get warm.

Camper tires, OTOH, get swapped out at about 6 years.  I have other trailers to run my take-offs.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I replaced all 6 of my 22.5" G670 tires at 10 years. New set have another 8 years to go yet before they will be replaced. :)

That Goodyear man likes to sell tires.:D And I wouldn't buy anything at his shop.The G670's have a 7 year warranty on cracks.
Why would anyone want to replace them while still under warranty? Unless you sell them to make $$$$

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived