Wifi Ranger SkyPro Pack

I guess I don't understand correctly. I have paired the core and sky pro and the control panel shows them paired. When I look at the signal from an outside wifi source the core shows a much lower signal than the sky pro. That is expected but the speed is also slower on the core than on the sky pro.  I thought with them paired the sky was supposed to pass that speed through to the core. Where is my thinking incorrect?

Thanks for your help

Dave

Hi Dave:

It sounds as if you have both devices broadcasting their SSID's and you've been selectively connecting to one or the other.

I assume that you have the Core connected to the SkyPro via Ethernet.  Try turning off the SSID for the SkyPro so that your computer only sees the SSID for the Core.  You can do this from the Wifi Tab of the SkyPro's onscreen control panel.  Make sure you are doing this from the SkyPro's CP and not the one for the Core.

By turning off the SSID for the SkyPro you give each device only one job to do.  The SkyPro will connect to WiFi access points and the Core will connect to the devices inside your RV.  This should maximize your system's throughput.

Try that and see if that improves things.  If you are still having issues then it's possible that there's something wrong with the pairing, but let's look at simple stuff first.

Joel (AKA docj)

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived