KenWorth W900L

Pete Kildow

3 hours ago, cadonnelly said:

Pete feel your pain.  I tried for weeks to get the guy to fix the 610 with a Cat engine that I wanted.  He never did, and still hasn't so I bought another one, from a guy who maintains the heck out of his trucks, and I am sure I am better off, Cat or no Cat.

chuckd

I would still buy it if and when he gets it running. But also looking at a 2007 630 Volvo. It has the D12 and Auto Shift trans. But not the studio sleeper or looks of the W900. But will cut circles around the W900 with room to spare. The 630 has to be singled. While the W900 is singled and ready to use. Other then mount my Trailsaver hitch.

Pete

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the guy sold the W900l. Told me he could not get it running. So he sold it as is. Get this a 1997 Kenworth W900l 72" Studio Sleeper. Singled AG100 rear, 635,000 miles on a Detroit 12.7 with 13 speed trans. It did need a paint job. But he was selling it for $8500. Seats were perfect, Carpet was perfect. Interior was almost like new. The sofa still had plastic on the back of it. Engine was clean and dry not a drop of oil on it. Whole under side of that truck was clean. Not cleaned up. But just clean as in where someone that takes care of a truck. 

It had been used buy a guy doing Rodeo's. I ran the vin number and it was a southern truck. Never worked, just pulled a big living Qtrs trailer most of its life. The guy rearened someone. And it sat for a few years. Then this guy buys it and replaces the hood. He only used it to pull a 35ft living Qtrs horse trailer. Out west 3 times per year to ride horses for 3 weeks at at time

I took cash end of May to buy it. And got there it would not start. He was changing fuel filters when we pulled up.I feel we missed out on a steal for sure. But that's life. So still looking for the right truck. May just buy an older truck no electrical to have issues with. And build it the way I want it .

event.png

Archived