Mobley settings

Hey guys thanks!

I am deciding on the Amazon one versus making one. I found a video of a guy that made up a female OBD port with a cell phone charger and he mentions that the correct pins are 16 for the positive connection, and 4 for the negative, as Pete said.

it is a home video from a couple of young RVrs but the port setup is at ~4:40 in the middle of the 7 minute video:

I have to run to get a prescription filled at the base and will comment later on my activation and which power supply I will use. I needed this for our house we are about to sell and is vacant while we paint and put in new carpet and door locks. There is no Internet and we need it for video surveillance. I already have the Ring Doorbell and two stick-ups from Ring at my house and we will use the inside camera a D-Link 1080p which moves up and down as well as side to side from the phone app. We don't have it set to notify at the moment because anyone breaking in will have to go by one of the outside cameras to even break in a back window. It is only set for loop recording to a 32GB micro SD card now. With this Internet made for a car I can monitor any disturbances.

More later about the other links and folks sharing their expertise.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I bought 2 different female OBD connectors off Aamzon to make my own. I had plenty of AC & DC adapters laying around. I decided to try two different ones just to see what i liked better. 

This one was cheaper, but you have to cut the wires on one end that you don't need, no biggie. - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053NSZJ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
61J06bzsADL._SL1500_.jpg

This one came with bare wires on one end, but you paid a couple bucks more. It worked just fine too. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XYP9P91/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
61Po6Lo9nVL._SL1500_.jpg

The other option is if you have any kind of junk yard around you, just go purchase the female end of the plug off any '96 or newer car. I couldn't imagine it would be but a couple dollars. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Hey guys,

I was amazed that it came overnight and I got it on Thursday. I have had several doctor's appointments, and went boar hunting with a good friend who had his cameras on his property showing big hogs between 1:30 and 2:30 a.m. I asked him to holler at me when he went out to harvest them. So he called me up as I had asked because I'd never done or helped with a hog before. He has a nice 4X4 side by side with 4WD and a flip down half windshield ideal for shooting from. At 1:30 -1:45 a.m. he spotted one in his night-vision scope attached to a .308 assault rifle with a silencer on the end. He also had a thermal imaging monocular, also he had a rifle rack so he could relax between shots. I had no ear muffs and when he raised the rifle I covered my ears and dropped my hands immediately and he fired again from next to me with the barrel outside of the vehicle. Even with no hearing protection it ewas less than a .22 and I had no ringing or anything. He found the blood trail and I found the boar who only made it about 50 feet from where he was shot. It was a 243 pound Boar.

It was 5 AM before we got it gutted and stripped. We iced it down for skinning later. Then he had to get across town to get it processed into sausage and tenderloin and ribs. It was ready yesterday and he gave me about ten pounds of sausage and another breakfast sausage 5 pound roll. He also asked me to bring Lynn because he needed to get rid of tomatoes (Heirloom, beefsteak, and cherry) and big green peppers. MY goodness he has at least 50 bushels already on the plants and we left most of the green tomatoes alone so he really does either waste it or finds more friends to get them as it is a shame to waste the kind of vine ripened veggies. I have eaten home grown cherry tomatoes but these were unbelievable in flavor.

So as of now I haven't even activated my new toy, the ZTE Mobley. It is still there and I am just about caught back up on sleep. Man that Boar was young and his tusks were just coming in. The big one was out there in the last few nights pictures too so we will be going out again next week. This time I will be better prepared for the drag out of the woods. I'm getting too old for that without a woods dolly. Can't get the side by side in there either.

So tomorrow for the Mobley. I will just activate it and get it working well then worry about the power supply. Thanks for all the help! I bumped it ahead of my smart home system and my neat scanner. I am going to have to slow down and get all the toys done before getting any more.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived