Mobley settings

In your wifi manager what settings are you changing and why?  Please post up step by step directions.  

I heard about changing the video settings.  All of that info was in the missing Mobley thread.

Thanks for the tips.

Why is my Mobley turning off after 30 minutes/2 hours? The Mobley is designed to power off in your vehicle to prevent it from running your battery dead, this is called the “Power Save” feature; you will need to turn this feature off in the ZTE Mobley settings. 

Turning off “Power Save” feature
While connected to the Mobley in a web browser enter its default IP address 192.168.1.1, it will bring up the device home page and ask for a password, enter “attadmin” then press login
Then go to Settings/Advanced/Power Save from the drop down list chose “No Time out” option, then press Apply

http://www.howardforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149035&d=1487446601

My ZTE Mobley doesn’t show the “No time out” option under Power Save? The Mobley needs the latest firmware in order to have the “No time out” option, the latest firmware is VM6200V1.0.1 

Set the Mobley to 2hr setting until it downloads the newer firmware.

How do I tell which firmware version I am on? It’s located on the “About” page

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to watch out for - when I use my iPad tablet to access the Mobley wifi manager, it defaults to the Mobile version:

attwifimanager/m/index.html/login (boldface added)

The Mobile version is greatly attenuated and does not let you change the Mobley's time out timer, the number of devices it can connect to, etc.  The About screen is under Advanced Settings in the Mobile version and does not show the Mobley's received signal strength.

You have to delete the /m when connecting to configure Mobley so it responds with the regular desktop version.

First - THANKS to whoever the hero was that posted the first info about Mobley.  Got mine, setup was very easy, and it's great.  Very fast and multiple devices connected.

Now the question - do your turn your Mobley off when not using it, i.e., when going to bed at night.  It wouldn't use much data if nothing else is connected but . . .   Thanks for any info.

Patrick

2000 Discovery

21 hours ago, pjcurry said:

First - THANKS to whoever the hero was that posted the first info about Mobley. 

Now the question - do your turn your Mobley off when not using it

If I'm not mistaken, I am fairly certain that was Lexidog. DEFINATE shout out for the introduction from me as well.

I do. It will go into sleep mode and barely use enough juice to keep the LED's lit when not in use, but I tend to just plug mine in on demand... which is likely only an hour or two at most.

I agree with Pat & Pete. Heat is the enemy and it does more good than any harm to unplug any electronics not in use. Bill's idea of sticking it on a timer has merit for hands-off convenient operation. My only thought there would be about the possibility of additing an additional resistance point. I dunno much about those cheap timers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to trying this out this week. Ordered one today off ATT's website. Also know the hot and ground plug it uses for power. So will make up a plug for use in the house tomorrow.

#16 power and #4 is ground. But will check to make sure of that tomorrow also.

event.png

I was able to USB tether my Mobley to an Asus RT-N66u router. The great thing is I'm no longer limited to 5 devices and it seems since being USB connected, I no longer have to reset it once a day. It's been going strong for a few days now with to issues. 

I only wish you could actually turn off the 2.4ghz wifi network the Mobley creates. I went ahead and disabled the 2.4ghz network on my router and only run the 5ghz one. For devices that can't connect to the 5ghz, they connect to the mobley directly. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Just called AT&T and they are back in stock. The local Bossier City store has no clue says they didn't have one and if it was sitting in front of them they would say they had none. I called the AT&T connected car division and they are back in stock here for 20 bucks more than Best buy sold them for - $99.99 online from AT&T and $79.99 if Best Buy ever gets them back in stock, The store BB guy here said they will get more but they aren't even in the BB online ordering system.

Go here to get one, I just ordered one as a play with it gadget: https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

When I am done I will sell it to a passing through RVr.

OK where are the power supplies to use in the RV or house available? I saw it but it was in the deleted thread that had some negative comments about another member here. I need one.

Anyone got a link to order the power supplies?

Thanks for all the help guys.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

27 minutes ago, RV_ said:

OK where are the power supplies to use in the RV or house available? I saw it but it was in the deleted thread that had some negative comments about another member here. I need one.

Search Amazon and eBay for "mobley power supply". Do not pay more than $30 for one.

If you're willing to connect two wires to two pins, search eBay for "USB 5 volt to 12 volt adapter", and "female OBD2 connector". Or just get the female OBD2 connector and use a spare 12 volt charger you may already have on hand.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Got mine mine delivered yesterday. And after hours on the phone. Went to the Corporate store today. After sitting there an hour. And 2 hours driving. Its working and glad it is. As for power I ordered a OBD2 plug off Ebay. And will wire it up to Plug 16 Orange wire and # 4 or 5 4 being black and 5 being Black and white. Will use an old power supply off a electric Fillet knife. Its 12 volt and had the power supply to run off 110V.

OR Ebay has them made up for Around $30.00 Right now mine is running off a 12 volt batter wired into the OBD2 to Cummins plug.

Pete

event.png

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

Just called AT&T and they are back in stock. The local Bossier City store has no clue says they didn't have one and if it was sitting in front of them they would say they had none. I called the AT&T connected car division and they are back in stock here for 20 bucks more than Best buy sold them for - $99.99 online from AT&T and $79.99 if Best Buy ever gets them back in stock, The store BB guy here said they will get more but they aren't even in the BB online ordering system.

Go here to get one, I just ordered one as a play with it gadget: https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

Just as an FYI, the $79.99 was only a limited time sale at Best Buy. I bought one of the last ones they had before they were removed from their page and it was back to the regular price of $99.99. 

2 hours ago, RV_ said:

I bought a 110 volt adapter on eBay.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

3 hours ago, RV_ said:

If you have amazon prime you can get one real quick on amazon, I bought mine way back in January from the same seller and its still working great.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Mobley-Wi-Fi-Hotspot-Device/dp/B071RZYF8V/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1498088797&sr=8-9&keywords=zte+mobley

https://www.amazon.com/12v-Plug-Adapter-Mobley-Hotspot/dp/B071LC49J9/ref=pd_bxgy_107_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071LC49J9&pd_rd_r=WHW83XRNQ4C3Y8ZDXT81&pd_rd_w=FBxuN&pd_rd_wg=9BSMX&psc=1&refRID=WHW83XRNQ4C3Y8ZDXT81

1 hour ago, travelinfool said:

A bit off topic, several months back I am sure I read on this forum about at&t having some type of rural plan using a cellular based device with 500gig. I can't seem to find it using the search feature, can someone please steer me in the right direction. 

The AT&T Homebase phone and data rural plan is only available in certain areas. Only billing addresses in certain areas of Missouri, Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Western PA, and Upstate New York are eligible. If you happen to have your billing address in one of the eligible areas, they offer a 250GB 4G/LTE data plan for $60/month, and a 500GB 4G/LTE plan for $100/month, both with unlimited VOIP home phone service using standard landline phones. The ZTE Homebase device is $199 outright, or free with a 2-year contract. Outside of your home area, the service is always subject to deprioritization, but in practice that apparently seldom happens. I know we've never noticed it when using our Homebase on the road. Outside of the limited eligible rural areas, the Homebase is available at the same two price points, but with only 25GB and 50GB. Calling AT&T is the only way I know of to get the larger GB plans, but it may also be available at AT&T stores in those areas.

The original thread is here:

Dutch

1 hour ago, travelinfool said:

A bit off topic, several months back I am sure I read on this forum about at&t having some type of rural plan using a cellular based device with 500gig. I can't seem to find it using the search feature, can someone please steer me in the right direction. 

It's called the AT&T Wireless home phone and rural plan. They offered 250gb at $60/mo or 500gb for $100/mo for certain areas. Some people got lucky getting it outside the area, but not sure how that would work now. Also, instead of the 500gb, some people have actually switched the homebase over to the unlimited plan since it includes voice and qualifies for that too. I think for a single line it's about $95/mo but don't quote me on that. You can buy the homebases pretty cheap on ebay too. I have an extra one myself. 

I have the 250gb rural plan as I got that first and then also got the mobley recently. I'm under contract on the rural plan and I figure that's likely to go away vs the Mobley, so keeping both for now. The homebase is nice because it's an actual router with a hardwire port on it too. 

12 hours ago, travelinfool said:

I tried to get that plan out of area at an AT&T store.  The salesman tried everything but their system would not allow him to sign me up as my address was not in one of the approved states.

He said I may have more luck signing up online as they have more control in overriding the system.  He admitted it may be a "crap shoot".

We were fortunate at the time that our Upstate NY mail forwarder/billing address happened to be in one of areas eligible for the rural plan. The only issue I ran into while signing up by phone was that they would only ship the Homebase to our billing address, not to the RV park where we were in Florida at the time. That just added a few days delay and the small expense of having our mail forwarder send it on to us. The Homebase served us well for while traveling for several months until our Mobley took over as our primary Internet source on the road. But the Homebase and $60/mo phone and 250Gb plan continue to serve us, mostly being left in service at our NY cottage as a replacement for our previous unreliable and more expensive cable phone and Internet service.

Dutch

Archived