New to me Alpenlite Villa

cadonnelly

I have had a New Horizons fifth wheel towed by a series of Volvo trucks since about 2007 or 8.  I have wanted a rear living room floor plan for years, and started looking this year.  I winter camp in Montana a lot, and needed a well insulated fiver.  Alpenlites are well insulated and have some floor plans I like.  So found a Alpenlite Villa at Lazydays in Longmont Ca.  Now buying from large dealers has never been an option for me, but I called, talked to a sales person who seemed very straight up, and flew out to Denver yesterday (from Mpls) I ended up buying the unit.  It is in good but a bit dated, the year is 2003.  Clean and everything worked.  I had a comprehensive check list to use.  There are things they want to fix, batteries are from 2006 and they will be replaced, tires the same, they will be replaced.  A couple of latches and thats about it.  Now what was new to me, never having dealt with a large dealership, was the excellent service and absolutely friendly reception I got at the dealership, from the sales person, to the technicians, to the detailers, all helpful.  Never sure if I ever get a good deal but I was happy, and they are paying for half the transportation cost to Mpls, as I have HDT issues right now.  So fun day and a new trailer to modernize a bit, and brighten it up.

Chuckd Stillwater Mn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived