Type B license

saklumpp

Hi All,

There is great information provided about how to get a class B drivers license in the forum.  

I really want to do some on-road training, but Escapees won't be back in Livingston until November.

I'm hoping I can find a holder of a Class B license who would be willing to help me.  I'm in Houston- any groups in this city?   Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sherry K

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

6 hours ago, saklumpp said:

I really want to do some on-road training, but Escapees won't be back in Livingston until Novem

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. The national headquarters of the Escapees RV Club is located just outside of Livingston, along with their mail service, offices, and RV park. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

20 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. The national headquarters of the Escapees RV Club is located just outside of Livingston, along with their mail service, offices, and RV park. 

I suspect they are talking about Boot Camp. There is not any other training at Escapees in Livingston except what you learn from your neighbors. The latter of which I found to be very valuable.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Sherry,  you find a big empty parking lot on a Sunday, take your rig and a lot of orange cones and practice, practice, practice.  You do figure eights around cones, you back up, your pull forward, you pull along side and back in.  You get out and check, try again, over and over again until you feel very comfortable with your rig.  Have a friend go with you and help you learn.   What size rig do you have (I'm assuming a DP if you're over 26,000 lbs) and are your doing this alone or with a partner? 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Sherry, what are you trying to do? I am on the east side of Houston but don't have a Class B license, I have a Class A. Are just trying to get some road time in before you take your driving test for your license or what? Do you have a vehicle that requires a "B" and want to drive it or are you looking for a "B" vehicle to practice with?

Send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you 

Phil

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived