Slide out scratching the floor

PAylor

Hi all,

We purchased a new fifth wheel that doesn't have carpeting in the living room.  It is so much easier to keep clean!  But I am noticing scratch lines in the tile floor where the slide out rolls over the tile.

I'm sure there must be others without carpet that don't have this trouble.  It has to be something wrong with the rollers the slide out is seated on, right?  It's still under warranty and the company has been great.

Thanks in advance for input/advice.

The living and dining areas of our Redwood 5er are carpeted, and the area in the kitchen is tiled. We have noticed some slight markings in the tile from where the slide rollers have traveled in and out. We've also seen this in many our friends used RVs of various brands. This leads me to believe that this is not uncommon and is just part of the normal wear and tear in an RV depending upon the severity of the marking or scratching of the floor over time.

Many folks have put floor protectors down to run the slides on while opening and closing them. Cheaper than shortening the life of the tile and having to replace it. I would be interested in knowing whether the high end custom builders like New Horizon, Spacecraft, etc. have solved this problem (unlike the more common cookie cutter builders like mine) or if they too experience this scratching if they don't put floor protectors down? I'm seeing it regularly in the Mobs, Reds, and on down the line.

Lead Campground Host at Ross Prairie Trailhead and Campground on the Cross Florida Greenway

Retired business owner

Author

2013 Redwood 36FB Fiver

2001 Volvo Vnl 420 HDT Toter

!958 Harley Davidson Sportster XLH [survivor bike]

Proud dad of Abby the Boston Terrier

100_3094_zpsxdkzvegd.jpg

Archived