See Level

I just wanted to report on my winter project.  I was going to install a See Level monitoring system myself this winter.  https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/   but the weather gods decided to set a new winter rainfall record in the PNW, keeping me from getting under the RV.  I had it installed by a local shop instead.  Have been using it for the last 3 weeks, and it works great.  I now know exactly what state my tanks and LP are in, which keeps me from running to dump needlessly.

This is a very short usage report, but so far so good.  Between the SeeLevel II system and the Victron monitoring system I am able to know the my energy, fluids, and LP levels.  Very empowering

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

X2 on the SeeLevel II... I installed a 209PH system on our previous coach to replace the non-working OEM 4-light KIB system, and another 209PH was among the first few items I ordered for four current coach, even though the KIB system was still working as well as they ever do.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Yes, the 714 works well for vertical installations. For both of our installations, the 209 panel fit in the same horizontal space as the original KIB panel.

Dutch

Have you added a second panel in your wet bay for access when dumping tanks?  I'm considering doing that in my current 5er.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I have not.  It was a conscious decision when mine was put in.  Thought I would give it a try first.  So far, I don't see a good reason for doing it.  I shut the valves when the hose stops vibrating.

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

Like Rich, I haven't seen a need for a second panel. I have a clear section at the waste hose connection so I can see when the flow stops, and the fresh tank gets filled until it starts to run out the vent/overflow.

Dutch

Tried to have the system installed a couple of years ago at an Escapade. Access and shape of tanks on our Monaco Monarch 30 pdd made installation impossible. Maybe another installer could make it work. OEM gauges are useless!

Jim  Corey

2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd

'12 Honda CRV toad

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to be able to install the Sea Level, But like Jim Corey, it is impossible on my Jayco Greyhawk.  Now would someone  please tell me I don't know what I am talking about and  prove it. :) 

2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30 ft
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Blog: www.RVtravelsofPauline.blogspot.com

On first inspection, my gray and black tanks had irregular frontal contours, which would have precluded sensor placement.  They are enclosed in a metal compartment.  Slits were cut in the back of the compartment where the surfaces are flat.  The sensors were applied, and the openings sealed.

Having a touch of OCD, the old sensors that gave random nonsensical readings drove me to distraction.  I am now at peace.  When boondocking,it is nice to know when the tanks are really getting full.

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

On 5/30/2017 at 0:47 PM, fly2low said:

They are enclosed in a metal compartment.  Slits were cut in the back of the compartment where the surfaces are flat.  The sensors were applied, and the openings sealed.

In other words cut holes in a compartment wall that you are not sure of what is behind it then some how run the connections to the monitor.  Think I will pass on that idea.  Thanks anyway.

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

On 6/6/2017 at 11:34 AM, ChuckD said:

In other words cut holes in a compartment wall that you are not sure of what is behind it then some how run the connections to the monitor.  Think I will pass on that idea.  Thanks anyway.

I do not see where Rich said that he was not sure what was behind the compartment where he cut the slits. I thought he was providing a viable solution to people that were looking for answers. I guess you are not one of them, but your reply was a bit out of line.

Rich, thanks for the suggestion. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 6/6/2017 at 9:34 AM, ChuckD said:

You make it sound like a horrible thing - but I drilled a bunch of holes in my floor to figure out exactly where to place my sensors.  I was planning on replacing the flooring anyway, so it really wasn't that big a deal.  The See Level system really is worth the little bit of hassle it may take to retrofit it.

fuso.jpg.b3c0d8d35ed0a147efc1900170d393e5.jpg

In my case it would be exactly as I said.  I don't know what is behind the walls of the compartments the tanks are in.  And I could not run the lines from there.  Bis5er, that is something I won't do and I said so.  Sorry you didn't agree.

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Archived