Kim is already at it

SuiteSuccess

Kim surprised me with her expansion for next years ECR.  Tent has more than doubled in size and capacity.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i.imgur.com/qm9JAFfl.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i.imgur.com/LJ3oGszl.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hmm images not posting. In poor cellular area. Will try again later 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

56 minutes ago, lockmup68 said:

fixed links:

qm9JAFfl.jpg

LJ3oGszl.jpg

Thanks

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, I guess you realize this changes some of the design factors you wanted me to work up for providing power to AV equipment and lighting.  What I would really like to see is a 50-50 amp outlet provided on the outside of the bath house or in a conventional RV power box next to the tent.  Please ask Kim if this is a possibility.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

10 hours ago, RandyA said:

Carl, I guess you realize this changes some of the design factors you wanted me to work up for providing power to AV equipment and lighting.  What I would really like to see is a 50-50 amp outlet provided on the outside of the bath house or in a conventional RV power box next to the tent.  Please ask Kim if this is a possibility.

Randy,

You read my mind.  I was going to ask Rolando about getting a pedestal at the tent pad.  So you would like two 50 amp plugs in the box or would two 30's or a 50/30 suffice.  I still think for our purposes we would just need power on the three center poles and not five poles but you're the design engineer.  Just remember the RandyA rules, it's gotta get the job done and it's gotta be affordable.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Just one Carl.  I always refer to the outlet for our trailers as 50-50 since it is actually 240 volts split into two 50 amp 120 volt legs.  With a "50 amp" outlet I would have lots of future expansion room for not only AV and lighting but also eventually address the "crock pot" issue.  I'm thinking I would use the 50 amp to feed a portable six circuit breaker box with two 20 amp and four 15 amp conventional 120 volt outlets.  This would not be overly expensive (less than $100), be portable and belong to the ECR so it could go anywhere.  It would be the foundation for any circuits or power cords you might want to add in future years.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

I will talk to Rolando. I would maybe sweeten the deal by leaving the power center with him to use for other events since we would be using it only one week per year.   They have done so much for us at their expense could pay back a little. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

We need to shout out to the Grand design Owners group.They were the ones Kim increased the tent size for. They (we) had over 200 people in there. Not bad for the first rally In Tennessee. Way to go GD. Kim and Rolando also bought more tables and chairs.  

Rick L Olson

On 5/17/2017 at 8:36 AM, RandyA said:

Just one Carl.  I always refer to the outlet for our trailers as 50-50 since it is actually 240 volts split into two 50 amp 120 volt legs.  With a "50 amp" outlet I would have lots of future expansion room for not only AV and lighting but also eventually address the "crock pot" issue.  I'm thinking I would use the 50 amp to feed a portable six circuit breaker box with two 20 amp and four 15 amp conventional 120 volt outlets.  This would not be overly expensive (less than $100), be portable and belong to the ECR so it could go anywhere.  It would be the foundation for any circuits or power cords you might want to add in future years.

Randy,

Kim agreed to the proposal. Now to see if it gets done. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived