Volta lithium battery package

Jamie

While it is turnkey, you are paying a very premium price for that. You might want to talk to Larry at Starlight Solar if you want a Lithium pack. I'd sure rather spec out my own components than a turnkey. I've NEVER seen a turnkey package that was not overpriced and under-speced.  JMO, but you did ask.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

14 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

I've NEVER seen a turnkey package that was not overpriced and under-speced

AMEN to that FWIW I agree. Unfortunately, many lack the physical or technical ability to specify, price and install a system themselves so are more at the mercy of dealers and suppliers. 

John T

Thank you! Do you know anything about about Starlight in Yuma Arizona. I done with volta yesterday and unfortunately they Volta only work with lithium ion and we are wanting to install LFP/LIFePo4 system. 

Do do you know if a good company who does this?

thank you for your feedback 

I do recommend Starlight for their LFP package. They have done a number of them and generally do a good job.  At my recommendation New Horizons has used their package in several installations, successfully. They can either do all the work for you, of ship the package to you and YOU get to do some of the assembly and installation. 

AM Solar also does this. But only on-site.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I have the same battery system as Starlight puts in. I just bought the pieces wholesale and put it together myself. but I can vouch for the quality of the GBS Lithium Ion and the BMS that Starlight uses. I have 500Ah and am very pleased. All that to say I can recommend the system and batteries. 

Kent

2003 Volvo VLN630
2016 38 RS3 Mobile Suite
2010 Smart behind the cab

FullSizeRender_zpsrtbccowj.jpg

We had Starlight put our  1,280 watt solar, 500ah GBS Lithium Ion system in last year and they did a great job. The system has performed flawlessly so far and has not been powered off since the installation. :rolleyes:

2016 F350 DRW Supercab XLT 4x4 6.7 3:73LS 
2010 Carriage Cameo 34CK3   1,280 watt solar

Starlight, Larry & Debbie are good people to work with. 

Larry has put together a good group of components. If you're techie, you could build your own. If your semi techie, you could purchase a kit from Starlight, and install it yourself. But, their are lots of little nuances involved in most installs - and that is where experience really adds overall value. 

$.02,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

I bought and installed the Lithium battery kit from Starlight Solar in the winter of 2015/2016.  It is a good system and I am pleased with its operation.

Do keep in mind you need to be fairly technically competent to do the install.  The kit (at least when I bought mine) does not come with step by step instructions.  You have to do some design work and figuring out where and how to mount the components. Of course since every RV is pretty unique in where the battery & 12V components are placed it would be extremely difficult to supply detailed install instructions for every RV. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived