rynosback

Mobley missing thread

66 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Since everyone seems to want to pursue this and nobody wants to address the elephant in the room, I guess I will.

That thread was progressing fine until a spammer named "freshydoug" made a post soliciting people to obtain a Mobley IMEI from him so they could get a Mobley connected car account without having to buy a Mobley.  He claimed to have bought a bunch of Mobleys on eBay and would just share their IMEI's for a donation.

Another member responded to him commenting that it was a nice gesture.  Then, I responded to that member saying that it wasn't nice, it was a scam and an illicit way of doing business.  Then, Kirk responded to me advising that he had hidden the scammer's post and that I shouldn't quote such posts in the future.

Then, I took exception to Kirk's post and later posted some unflattering comments about Kirk.  That's when the thread disappeared.  I have no idea how it happened and I am not accusing anyone of deleting the thread.  If the admins didn't delete it, then perhaps someone else without permission hacked the site and deleted it for their own personal reasons.  However, I can't accept the coincidence that one day there is contention in the thread and the next day it disappears without the two being related.

My comments are worth what you all paid for them.

 

I saw the spammer 20 minutes after he posted.  I reported his reply and commented that he was spamming the board.  I did not post in the thread to engage him.

Edited by rynosback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rynosback said:

 I reported his reply and commented that he was spamming the board.

It was your report that triggered my action to hide that post. It was not a thread that I was following. Those of us who have "moderator" labels are just spam hunters and what we do is to hide a post so that admin can make the final decision. We don't delete anything, not even spam. My guess would be that it was some sort of server glitch, but that's only a guess and we may never know what happened. If you were admin, how much time would you put into trying to recover that thread? As long as it doesn't repeat I don't know that I'd spend a great deal of effort chasing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richfaa said:

I am on my third bag of popcorn.

That's about what I used on you and the Verizon unlimited threads.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Mobley is again available on ATT website.

Alright.... yay! Will be telling a few people I know want one, they were bummed out they couldn't get one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't mind paying a little extra, this guy Zim-5 Enterprises has been selling both a branded and a generic unlocked one on Amazon for $179.00

AT&T Branded - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BWHZGAI?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
ZTE VM6200 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728FLZHD?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
AC Adapter - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8CEDBU?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATT had them back in stock on their website this morning - we finally got to order one and have confirmation of our order.  All signed up for the unlimited thru the website for $20 month.  If anyone is still looking for one I'd go to the website now and check if it's still available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LFDR3116 said:

ATT had them back in stock on their website this morning - we finally got to order one and have confirmation of our order.  All signed up for the unlimited thru the website for $20 month.  If anyone is still looking for one I'd go to the website now and check if it's still available.

Bluelghting said that they were out of stock again.  So glad that you got one.  I just received mine and it is working GREAT!

Edited by rynosback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

If you don't mind paying a little extra, this guy Zim-5 Enterprises has been selling both a branded and a generic unlocked one on Amazon for $179.00

AT&T Branded - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BWHZGAI?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
ZTE VM6200 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728FLZHD?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
AC Adapter - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8CEDBU?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Don't buy from Zim-5 Enterprises.   I have 2 that I ordered from them and neither will work.   Per ATT they are not compatible with their system.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gdheinrich said:

Don't buy from Zim-5 Enterprises.   I have 2 that I ordered from them and neither will work.   Per ATT they are not compatible with their system.

 

Other people have ordered from him and had no issues? Over on the RVMobileInternet people have reported success. You have to adjust some of the APN settings on them. 

I have no experience though, just what I've read, but I certainly wouldn't have suggested them if people were having issues. 

Did you talk to someone in th AT&T Connected Car Dept? Regular reps do not do well with the Mobley devices. 

Edited by BlueLghtning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

Other people have ordered from him and had no issues? Over on the RVMobileInternet people have reported success. You have to adjust some of the APN settings on them. 

I have no experience though, just what I've read, but I certainly wouldn't have suggested them if people were having issues. 

Did you talk to someone in th AT&T Connected Car Dept? Regular reps do not do well with the Mobley devices. 

I started the process of activation at 11:00 AM by calling the AT&T Connected Car Department and worked with them (talked to 3 different representatives) and talked to ZTE (3 different representatives) and sent e-mail to the seller (no response here).   In desperation, ZTE finally sent me RMA's to send them in for repair.  I spent nearly 10 hours, on the phone, working with representatives at AT&T Connected Car Department, & ZTE technical support not including the trip to the AT&T store to get Sim Cards as requested by AT&T Connected Car Department.    In desperation, I filed a claim with PayPal, asking for a refund.  The last step triggered an e-mail response from the seller (a full 11 hours after I started the activation process) who suggested that I check the APN settings and included with the e-mail was a MSWord document that explained how to change the APN setting.   I made the changes suggested in the MSWord document and the two now work.    I had ordered one from AT&T previously and when it arrived it was activated and worked wonderfully.  My experience with the ones that I purchased from Zim-5 Enterprises was far from satisfatory and as stated in my prior post, I would not purchase again from Zim-5 Enterprises.

Edited by gdheinrich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gdheinrich said:

... check the APN settings and included with the e-mail was a MSWord document that explained how to change the APN setting.   I made the changes suggested in the MSWord document and the two now work.   

APN = Access Point Name.  How about posting that document here.  Might be interesting to snoop around in my Mobley ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

Dish For My RV Military Offer.

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rvonthego.com

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.