Mobley missing thread

10 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Since everyone seems to want to pursue this and nobody wants to address the elephant in the room, I guess I will.

That thread was progressing fine until a spammer named "freshydoug" made a post soliciting people to obtain a Mobley IMEI from him so they could get a Mobley connected car account without having to buy a Mobley.  He claimed to have bought a bunch of Mobleys on eBay and would just share their IMEI's for a donation.

Another member responded to him commenting that it was a nice gesture.  Then, I responded to that member saying that it wasn't nice, it was a scam and an illicit way of doing business.  Then, Kirk responded to me advising that he had hidden the scammer's post and that I shouldn't quote such posts in the future.

Then, I took exception to Kirk's post and later posted some unflattering comments about Kirk.  That's when the thread disappeared.  I have no idea how it happened and I am not accusing anyone of deleting the thread.  If the admins didn't delete it, then perhaps someone else without permission hacked the site and deleted it for their own personal reasons.  However, I can't accept the coincidence that one day there is contention in the thread and the next day it disappears without the two being related.

My comments are worth what you all paid for them.

I saw the spammer 20 minutes after he posted.  I reported his reply and commented that he was spamming the board.  I did not post in the thread to engage him.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rynosback said:

I reported his reply and commented that he was spamming the board.

It was your report that triggered my action to hide that post. It was not a thread that I was following. Those of us who have "moderator" labels are just spam hunters and what we do is to hide a post so that admin can make the final decision. We don't delete anything, not even spam. My guess would be that it was some sort of server glitch, but that's only a guess and we may never know what happened. If you were admin, how much time would you put into trying to recover that thread? As long as it doesn't repeat I don't know that I'd spend a great deal of effort chasing it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I am on my third bag of popcorn.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

1 minute ago, richfaa said:

I am on my third bag of popcorn.

That's about what I used on you and the Verizon unlimited threads.  :P

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

If you don't mind paying a little extra, this guy Zim-5 Enterprises has been selling both a branded and a generic unlocked one on Amazon for $179.00

AT&T Branded - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BWHZGAI?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
ZTE VM6200 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728FLZHD?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
AC Adapter - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8CEDBU?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

ATT had them back in stock on their website this morning - we finally got to order one and have confirmation of our order.  All signed up for the unlimited thru the website for $20 month.  If anyone is still looking for one I'd go to the website now and check if it's still available.

Pat DeJong

18 minutes ago, LFDR3116 said:

ATT had them back in stock on their website this morning - we finally got to order one and have confirmation of our order.  All signed up for the unlimited thru the website for $20 month.  If anyone is still looking for one I'd go to the website now and check if it's still available.

Bluelghting said that they were out of stock again.  So glad that you got one.  I just received mine and it is working GREAT!

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

2 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

If you don't mind paying a little extra, this guy Zim-5 Enterprises has been selling both a branded and a generic unlocked one on Amazon for $179.00

AT&T Branded - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BWHZGAI?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
ZTE VM6200 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728FLZHD?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
AC Adapter - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8CEDBU?m=A2QCT3TKNXYANP&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Don't buy from Zim-5 Enterprises.   I have 2 that I ordered from them and neither will work.   Per ATT they are not compatible with their system.

1 hour ago, gdheinrich said:

Don't buy from Zim-5 Enterprises.   I have 2 that I ordered from them and neither will work.   Per ATT they are not compatible with their system.

Other people have ordered from him and had no issues? Over on the RVMobileInternet people have reported success. You have to adjust some of the APN settings on them. 

I have no experience though, just what I've read, but I certainly wouldn't have suggested them if people were having issues. 

Did you talk to someone in th AT&T Connected Car Dept? Regular reps do not do well with the Mobley devices. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

10 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

Other people have ordered from him and had no issues? Over on the RVMobileInternet people have reported success. You have to adjust some of the APN settings on them. 

I have no experience though, just what I've read, but I certainly wouldn't have suggested them if people were having issues. 

Did you talk to someone in th AT&T Connected Car Dept? Regular reps do not do well with the Mobley devices. 

I started the process of activation at 11:00 AM by calling the AT&T Connected Car Department and worked with them (talked to 3 different representatives) and talked to ZTE (3 different representatives) and sent e-mail to the seller (no response here).   In desperation, ZTE finally sent me RMA's to send them in for repair.  I spent nearly 10 hours, on the phone, working with representatives at AT&T Connected Car Department, & ZTE technical support not including the trip to the AT&T store to get Sim Cards as requested by AT&T Connected Car Department.    In desperation, I filed a claim with PayPal, asking for a refund.  The last step triggered an e-mail response from the seller (a full 11 hours after I started the activation process) who suggested that I check the APN settings and included with the e-mail was a MSWord document that explained how to change the APN setting.   I made the changes suggested in the MSWord document and the two now work.    I had ordered one from AT&T previously and when it arrived it was activated and worked wonderfully.  My experience with the ones that I purchased from Zim-5 Enterprises was far from satisfatory and as stated in my prior post, I would not purchase again from Zim-5 Enterprises.

6 hours ago, gdheinrich said:

... check the APN settings and included with the e-mail was a MSWord document that explained how to change the APN setting.   I made the changes suggested in the MSWord document and the two now work.   

APN = Access Point Name.  How about posting that document here.  Might be interesting to snoop around in my Mobley ;-)

Update:  Well, we did not get our Mobley and won't.  The first order was placed and we had notice the next morning that it was cancelled as they couldn't verify our identity.  I then got on the website and chatted with a CSR.  She advised once cancelled, nothing can be done, but told me to put another order thru and then gave me a phone # to call immediately and said they would be able to verify me with the order # and the zip code used on the order and stop any cancellation.  Called the number and was advised there is nothing they can do to stop it and sure enough - this evening our 2nd order was cancelled for the same reason.  I don't understand the problem since we had to give them social security # as part of the order.  The charges went thru to the credit card both times.  Address was verified by us to be the same as the billing address on our card.  Don't quite know where to go from here.   Any suggestions?

Update- A CSR at ATT suggested we go to a store and order.  Found out that needs to be done at a Corporate store as the retail stores do not even have the Mobley in their list of items that can be ordered.  Did that today.  ID verified by scanning back of drivers license.   Order placed and by the time I got back home there was confirmation of the order and about an hour later, confirmation of shipment, which provided us with an order#, tracking# and a phone# for the device.    We are having it shipped to the ATT store for pickup.  They will activate for us when we come to pick it up.  Hoping this worked.

Pat DeJong

On 5/26/2017 at 6:29 PM, BlueLghtning said:

My sister in law order an AC adapter from them and was very slow to ship, I think he is based in canada or something as he claimed it wasn't his fault that shipping is sometimes slow and was quite rude to her about it when she wanted to cancel the order. They refused to cancel as was already on the way they claimed and to just be patient. She ended up eventually getting it but had ordered a USB adapter days later and had already received it before the AC adapter arrived , the adapter itself seems to work fine but customer service if it fails is most likely a no go with them.

On 5/26/2017 at 6:25 PM, BlueLghtning said:

It looks like it's out of stock again, but it does let you order it. Currently says will ship between June 16th & 23rd. 

I told a few family members and friends about it and they quickly ordered theirs and have already got an email saying they shipped!

Well the Zim-5 Enterprises thing concerns me as I have one that will arrive here on Tuesday. I will let you all know how it goes. I talked to them on the phone and they were very helpful and seemed knowledgeable. I held off recommending them until I got one in hand.

Dave and Lana Hasper

12 hours ago, lexidog said:

My sister in law order an AC adapter from them and was very slow to ship, I think he is based in canada or something as he claimed it wasn't his fault that shipping is sometimes slow and was quite rude to her about it when she wanted to cancel the order. They refused to cancel as was already on the way they claimed and to just be patient. She ended up eventually getting it but had ordered a USB adapter days later and had already received it before the AC adapter arrived , the adapter itself seems to work fine but customer service if it fails is most likely a no go with them.

Yes they are in Canada. I have been following my shipment online with the USPS. It has take about a week but Canada had a holiday last Monday and this Monday, of course, is Memorial day.

Dave and Lana Hasper

What is the effective pinout of the Mobley ( positive and negative pins ) ?

I thought it was #1 pin for positive and #4 pin for negative .

Obviously , I was wrong . I found the OBD2 pinout :

b3kaj.png

Pin 16 is battery + and pin 4 is chassis ground .

Goes around , comes around .

I tried the 16 + and 4 - , but I had no power . Is there another hookup that's required ? 

I plugged the Mobley into the MH OBD2 port and have excellent service . 

I'd like to be able to run the Mobley off the house 12 volt system instead of the motor battery . 

Any help is definitely appreciated . :)

Goes around , comes around .

7 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

I tried the 16 + and 4 - , but I had no power . Is there another hookup that's required ? 

I plugged the Mobley into the MH OBD2 port and have excellent service . 

I'd like to be able to run the Mobley off the house 12 volt system instead of the motor battery . 

Any help is definitely appreciated . :)

I think it is 16 and 5 but not 100% sure because I was lazy and didn't feel like messing with soldering and looking up the pins so just bought my adapter :P

On 5/26/2017 at 10:19 PM, gdheinrich said:

I  got my Zim-5 unit with an AC adapter. Shipped as promised. Went to ATT to get sim card and followed instructions sent by Zim.  I am writing this on my new ATT car connection. No problems. As promised. $79.00 more than ATT but they are in stock on Amazon. 

Dave and Lana Hasper

Archived